2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2017 1:34 PM by Intel Corporation

Adding Recipies / Layer to ref-os-iot

PeterHand

Good evening,

I have successfully pulled & built the most recent ref-iot-source, using bitbake, from GitHub - 01org/ref-os-iot: This is the official distribution of the Intel(R) Reference Operating System for the Internet…

I would like to know how I can add a recipie / layer to my build, as the Joule does not come with the packages I need with the default image.  I am looking for IW, tcpdump, and a few others.  I have attempted to follow the guide outlined here: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Cookbook:Example:Adding_packages_to_your_OS_image , but I cannot seem to locate the ../machine/local.conf file in order to add the recipie.  Would you happen to know what file I would add the necessary recipies to, or provide an example for how I would add IW?  I plan to pull the recipes from here: OpenEmbedded Layer Index - layers

Thank you as always.

-Peter

• 1. Re: Adding Recipies / Layer to ref-os-iot
          PeterHand

I have figured out which files to edit:

~/work/ref-os-iot/meta-ref-os-iot/conf/layer.conf

add the following line to the bottom: CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "<recipiename>"

eg( CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "iw")

Nagivate to and open the following file in a text editor: ~/work/ref-os-iot/meta-ref-os-iot/conf/distro/ref-os-iot.conf

Find the line that says "SUPPORTED_RECIPIES_CHECK = "warn" and uncomment it (ie, remove the #)

• 2. Re: Adding Recipies / Layer to ref-os-iot
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi PeterHand,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel® Joule™ Platform.

I'm glad to know that you figure out which files to edit! Please let us know if you have any more questions, we will be happy to help.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
            -Jose P.