5 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2010 10:17 PM by whale

DP55KG WOL broken in latest BIOS

rwalker

In BIOS version 4752 wake on lan is broken from either off (aka S5) or sleep (S3).  Downgrading back to 3878 (was the previous version for me) had it working from both states.  I did triple check that I had wake on lan enabled in the bios! 

Roy

• 1. Re: DP55KG WOL broken in latest BIOS
          rwalker

Ok, more fun... I have an Ehome IR receiver (media center) that under the 3878 BIOS does not work after resume from S3.  Under 4752 it prevents the machine from going to sleep (powercfg tool in Windows 7), which actually is kind of good since WOL is totally broken.  Is the proper channel to report these issues?

Thanks,

Roy

• 2. Re: DP55KG WOL broken in latest BIOS
            Schrand

Yes, I can confirm that with the DP55WG it is exactly the same: WOL does not work with BIOS version 4752.

• 3. Re: DP55KG WOL broken in latest BIOS
              rwalker

Have you seen issues with USB devices preventing the PC from sleeping?  Currently the only USB device connected is the Ehome IR adapter, I guess I can try other and see if it is specific to it..

Roy

• 4. Re: DP55KG WOL broken in latest BIOS
                Schrand

Sorry for my late response.

Yes, I can also confirm to have problems with the sleep state (S3) of my DP55WG system with BIOS 4752. This system runs under Windows 7 64 bit.
                I can put my system in S3 state manually, but automatically it never goes into S3 state. I have set the system to switch off the display after 5 minutes, and to go into S3 state after 10 minutes. The display is switched off, but the system is not going into sleep mode.

However, I can not confirm this to be a problem with an USB device, because there are currently no USB devices connected to this machine, apart from the keyboard and mouse. For testing, I even disconnected the keyboard and mouse, and also the network cable, and still the system is not automatically going into S3 state.

So in my case it looks like some other cause then an USB device is preventing S3 state, but I have no idea what this could be.
                It has been working correctly a while ago, and this could be before the latest BIOS update, so it might be that the BIOS update to version 4752 has caused this, but I am not sure.