5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2017 9:35 AM by Intel Corporation

Is the DH67GD MB UEFI Compliant?

ECD2

I currently have several computers with this motherboard running Windows 7 x64.  According to the Intel Product Guide this motherboard offers the option to boot using UEFI.

Here is the version no. of my BIOS: 

The machines are booting with UEFI without any issue and otherwise operate normally.

However, I am using Acronis 11.7 backup software and it is giving me warning messages about the backups and the restores.

I contacted Acronis and they told me that my motherboard was not UEFI compliant.  Their recommendation was to just ignore the warning messages.

I guest I could do that, but I really wonder if it is truly non-compliant.  Here are the error messages that I received:

Boot Entry 'BootCurrent' cannot be found.

Additional info:

--------------------

Error code: 8

Module: 303

LineInfo: ebc2debf3646a6d0

Fields:

$module : disk_bundle_vs_50220

--------------------

Error code: 65520

Module: 0

LineInfo: bd28fdbd64edb902

Fields:  code : 3489661184,

$module : disk_bundle_vs_50220

Message: Indicates the specified environment variable name was not found in the specified environment block

--

--------------------

I do know that the "50220" is the version of Acronis backup that I am using.  Otherwise, I don't know if these error codes and modules are BIOS modules for Acronis references.

I am still waiting on Acronis for more details, but I am not sure that will be provided.

I am hopeful that someone on this forum can identify these errors and tell me how to resolve them (if possible).

I have searched for UEFI testing tool, but haven't located any.

I am not sure if this is a BIOS issue or an UEFI boot volume issue.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Is the DH67GD MB UEFI Compliant?
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello ECD2,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

Well, this motherboard supports UEFI, is it enabled in the BIOS?

If Windows 7 was installed with UEFI disabled in the BIOS then this is most likely the reason why you get this issue but the motherboard supports it.

I have seen this response on the Acronis forum, you can check here:
          https://forum.acronis.com/forum/acronis-backup-117-former-acronis-backup-recovery-115/backup-succeeded-warning
          NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

If Windows® 7 was installed with UEFI enabled we could try a BIOS update if you don’t have the latest version.

What BIOS version do you have installed?

Best regards,

Ivan U.

• 2. Re: Is the DH67GD MB UEFI Compliant?
            ECD2

I must apologize, if my email was not clear.

Yes UEFI is enabled in the BIOS.

Windows 7 was installed with UEFI enabled.  (To my knowledge Windows will not build a UEFI install unless UEFI is turned on.)

The Acronis forum link provides almost identical information to what I posted above, nothing else.  It was of no value.

I have the latest BIOS installed.  The version number was shown at the top of my prior post.

To summarize my first post, here are the questions I would like for you to answer:

1. Is the DH67GD MB UEFI compliant with UEFI standards?

2. If yes, please provide the version of the standard it is certified to.  If no, please provide any details that you might have.

3.  Are you able to identify of the error codes/modules/addresses that are shown above?

4. Does this appear to be a BIOS firmware issue or a problem with the UEFI boot volume that Windows created?

4. Are end user tools available to check the UEFI installation to standards?

Thank you for your time.

• 3. Re: Is the DH67GD MB UEFI Compliant?
              Intel Corporation

Hello ECD2,

1. Is the DH67GD MB UEFI compliant with UEFI standards?
              Unfortunately, this information is not available right now; I was not able to find it in our documentation, neither at the Intel website nor in our database.

2. If yes, please provide the version of the standard it is certified to.  If no, please provide any details that you might have.
              I’m sorry, that is not available right, especially because this motherboard is end of interactive support, the only information available is what you can see at the Intel support site.

3.  Are you able to identify of the error codes/modules/addresses that are shown above?
              I’m sorry, with the log or error code you provided above I was not able to identify anything that can help you.

4. Does this appear to be a BIOS firmware issue or a problem with the UEFI boot volume that Windows created?
              It is hard to tell, this is not a known issue, it seem to be more like an isolated issue with this specific system, but I cannot blame the UEFI boot or BIOS, to me it could be more like a related issue with UEFI boot volume that Windows created but I can’t confirm it.

4. Are end user tools available to check the UEFI installation to standards?

Again, I’m sorry there are not tools available to check the UEFI installation to standards, at least not an Intel tool.

ECD2 I’m really sorry my answer is not what you were expecting but unfortunately this is reality with this motherboard since it was discontinue from June 28, 2014.

Best wishes,

Ivan U.

• 4. Re: Is the DH67GD MB UEFI Compliant?
                ECD2

Thank you for addressing my questions.

I appreciate you taking time to see if you had any information available.  I realize that this is an older MB, so I am not surprised.

I will check with Microsoft regarding the UEFI boot volume.

If I find out any more, I will post the results here.

Best regards,

ECD2

• 5. Re: Is the DH67GD MB UEFI Compliant?
                  Intel Corporation

Thank you for your understanding on this case and we will appreciate if you can post your findings if you find out any more.

Best regards,

Ivan U.