14 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2017 10:11 AM by uglycass

Need help with NUC7i3 Windows 7 installation

uglycass

Hello all... I know that Windows 7 technically isn't supported on 7th gen processors, but i'd like to run it anyways.  Even though, it's not supported, I have to think the hardware is capable of running it, especially since Intel created the USB 2.0 installation fix.  I was able to install Windows 7 via USB using the fix.  It boots up, but when I try to install the graphics driver (HD 620) the system says it can't install it because it doesn't meet system requirements.  Can someone help me get around this?  It's preventing my graphics and ultimately sound from being installed correctly.

Thanks for your help.

• 1. Re: Need help with NUC7i3 Windows 7 installation
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello uglycass,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

In this case, we have seen other customers on other threads where they were able to install this driver on Windows® 7 by modifying the INF but this is not recommended by Intel and it is under the customer’s risk, you can check the following link:

https://communities.intel.com/thread/110152  here you can see the one marked as correct answer.
          https://communities.intel.com/thread/108407  post 3

Best regards,

Ivan U.

• 2. Re: Need help with NUC7i3 Windows 7 installation
            uglycass

Hi Ivan ... thanks for your response.  I have tried the instructions in both posts (along with numerous other variants) and I am able to get the driver loaded by modifying igdlh64.inf file.  By doing this, I'm able to now see the Intel 620 HD under my display drivers in Device Manager.  Unfortunately, no matter what I try, I can't get the audio (hdmi) to work.  I can see in Device Manager an error symbol next to "Multimedia Audio Controller" ... it never lets me do a manual update of that driver (even when I point to my driver directory) it says "Windows can not find driver software for your device."  I've tried this with 15.45.12.4552 which was the version recommended by IvoMp and also the most recent driver version 15.45.19.4678.  Same results... screen shot of Device Manager and also when I right click on the speaker and choose Playback Devices in bottom right of tray.

No_audio.JPG

I really think the answer lies somewhere in the lines below... I just can't figure it out and would be really appreciative to get some guidance.  Thank you.

The lines I added to the igdlh64.inf file are below:

;=====================================================================

;    Windows 7 Install - DT Only

[IntelGfx.NTamd64.6.1]

; SKL HW

%iSKLULTGT1%  = iSKLD_w7, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1906

%iSKLULTGT2%  = iSKLD_w7, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1916

%iSKLULXGT2%  = iSKLD_w7, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_191E

%iSKLDTGT2%   = iSKLD_w7, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1912

%iSKLULTGT2f%  = iSKLD_w7, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1921

%iSKLULTGT3e%  = iSKLD_w7, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1926

%iSKLULTGT3%  = iSKLD_w7, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1923

%iSKLULTGT328W% = iSKLD_w7, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1927

%iSKLDTGT1%   = iSKLD_w7, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1902

%iSKLHaloGT1%   = iSKLD_w7, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_190B

%iSKLHaloGT4% = iSKLD_w7, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_193B

%iSKLHaloGT3fe% = iSKLD_w7, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_192B

%iSKLHaloGT2% = iSKLD_w7, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_191B

%iSKLSRVGT3e%   = iSKLD_w7, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_192D

%iSKLSRVGT4% = iSKLD_w7, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_193A

%iSKLWSGT2% = iSKLD_w7, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_191D

%iSKLWSGT4% = iSKLD_w7, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_193D

%iKBLULTGT2%    = iKBLD_w7, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5916     ****** THIS IS THE ONLY NEW LINE  IN THIS SECTION ******

And also added the below lines ... modifying the windows 8.1 references in IvoMp recommended code.

;  New Windows 7 Added by me
            [iKBLD_w7]
            FeatureScore=D1
            CopyFiles=igfx.Miniport, igfx.UserMode, igxpun.Copy, igfx.UMWow , Opm.Copy , Installer.Copy , CUI.Copy , CUISDK.Copy32 , OpenGL_Gen9.Copy , OpenGL_Gen9.Copy32   , OpenCL_Cpu_Root.Copy , OpenCL_Cpu_System.Copy32 , OpenCL_Cpu_Bin_x86.Copy32 , OpenCL_Cpu_Bin_Tbb.Copy32 , OpenCL_Cpu_Common.Copy , OpenCL_Cpu_System.Copy64 , OpenCL_Cpu_Bin_x64.Copy64 , OpenCL_Cpu_Bin_Tbb.Copy64 , OpenCL_Gpu.Copy32 , OpenCL_Gpu.Copy64 , OpenGL_EGL.Copy32, OpenGL_ES1.Copy32, OpenGL_ES2.Copy32 , MSDK_w7.copy
            AddReg =  igfx_SoftwareDX11Settings
            AddReg =  igfx_SoftwareCommonSettings
            DelReg =   igfx_RemoveDeviceSettings

AddReg = CUI.AddReg
            AddReg = CUISDK.AddReg

DelReg  = CUI.DelReg
            DelReg  = CUISDK.DelReg

DelReg = VK.DelReg

AddReg = OpenGL_Gen9.AddReg
            AddReg  = OpenGL.Installed

AddReg = OpenCL.AddReg

DelReg = OpenCL.DelReg

AddReg = Common_AddSwSettings
            DelReg  = Common_DelSwSettings
            AddReg = Common_DT_AddSwSettings
            DelReg  = Common_DT_DelSwSettings
            DelReg  = Common_Device_Specific_DelSwSettings  ; Delete device specific regkeys
            AddReg =  PwrCons_KBL_AddSwSettings
            AddReg =  AlternateScramblerSupport_KBL_AddSwSettings
            AddReg =  MBO_KBL_AddSwSettings
            AddReg   = XVYCCFeature_AddSwSettings
            DelReg    = XVYCCFeature_DelSwSettings
            AddReg   = HSYNCFeature_AddSwSettings
            DelReg    = HSYNCFeature_DelSwSettings
            AddReg =  DisplayDPP_KBL_AddSwSettings
            DelReg  =  DisplayDPP_KBL_DelSwSettings
            AddReg =  DisplayOptimization_KBL_AddSwSettings
            DelReg  =  DisplayOptimization_DelSwSettings
            AddReg =  igfx_SLT_NB_AddSwSettings
            DelReg  =  igfx_SLT_NB_DelSwSettings
            AddReg = KBL_AUDIO_WA_AddSwSettings
            DelReg  = KBL_AUDIO_WA_DelSwSettings
            AddReg = Display_Feature_KBL_AddSwSettings_Default
            DelReg  = Display_Feature_KBL_DelSwSettings_Default
            AddReg  =  AUDIOWOVIDEOSupport_Disable_AddSwSettings
            DelReg  =  AUDIOWOVIDEOSupport_DelSwSettings
            AddReg = KBL_PANEL_DRIVER_AddSwSettings
            DelReg = KBL_PANEL_DRIVER_DelSwSettings
            AddReg = DISABLE_AUDIO_ENDPOINT_PRE_RS1_AddSwSettings
            DelReg = DISABLE_AUDIO_ENDPOINT_PRE_RS1_DelSwSettings

AddReg = igfx_MC_AddSwSettings
            DelReg  = igfx_MC_DelSwSettings
            ;AddReg = igfx_WinTMC_AddSwSettings_ALL
            ;DelReg  = igfx_WinTMC_DelSwSettings_ALL

AddReg = MSDK_4_0_AddSwSettings32
            DelReg  = MSDK_4_0_DelSwSettings32
            AddReg = MSDK_4_0_AddSwSettings64
            DelReg  = MSDK_4_0_DelSwSettings64
            AddReg = MSDK_Win7_MFT_Enable
            DelReg  = MSDK_Win7_MFT_Disable
            RegisterDLLs = MSDK_w7_RegisterDLLs

AddPowerSetting = PowerPlanSettings
            AddReg = TiledDisplay_AddSwSettings
            DelReg = TiledDisplay_DelSwSettings
            AddReg = LFPForceDitheringEnable_AddSwSettings
            DelReg = LFPForceDitheringEnable_DelSwSettings
            [iKBLD_w7.HW]
            AddReg = igfx_MSI_HardwareDeviceSettings

[iKBLD_w7.CoInstallers]
            AddReg = CoInst.AddReg
            CopyFiles = CoInst.CopyFiles

[iKBLD_w7.GeneralConfigData]
            MaximumNumberOfDevices = 2
            MaximumDeviceMemoryConfiguration = 512

[iKBLD_w7.Services]
            AddService = igfx, 0x00000002, igfx_Service_Inst

AddService = cphs,, CP_HECI_Service_Inst
            ;AddService = cplspcon,, CP_HDCP_Service_Inst

AddService = igfxCUIService2.0.0.0,0x00000800, CUI_Service_Inst

• 3. Re: Need help with NUC7i3 Windows 7 installation
              N.Scott.Pearson

Sounds like you have modified the INF file for the Intel HD Graphics driver. What about the (I would think separate) INF file for the Intel HD Audio driver?

• 4. Re: Need help with NUC7i3 Windows 7 installation
                Intel Corporation

N. Scott Pearson should be right, I’m sorry I afraid I’m unable to provide any recommendations on this modification because is not supported by Intel but if you need further assistance you will need to wait for another user to help you solving this issue.

Best regards,

Ivan U.

• 5. Re: Need help with NUC7i3 Windows 7 installation
                  uglycass

Scott ... thanks for your input.  I've tried to install the audio drivers ... from both their setup.exe file and also manually ... it still won't work.  When I use the setup.exe file, it goes through the installation process no problem, I reboot. and then it's as if nothing happens.  New driver doesn't show up in device manager and I'm left with the same situation as the above screen shot.  When I manually try to add an Intel audio driver it gives me an error code 10 (can't start the hardware).   I still feels like it boils down to the graphics card inf... it feels like there's something in there that's not right still.

Any other thoughts?

Thank you!

• 6. Re: Need help with NUC7i3 Windows 7 installation
                    uglycass

Hello Ivan U... thanks for the note.  Is there really nothing more you can offer?  I recognize anything that's suggested would be at my own risk to implement.  Can you please help point me in the right direction?

Thanks

• 7. Re: Need help with NUC7i3 Windows 7 installation
                      N.Scott.Pearson

Michael,

Of course it didn't work. The HD Audio device in the 7th gen processor has a different id than the 6th gen and previous processors. You will need to make a similar modification (addition) to the HD Audio INF file as you did to the HD Graphics INF file.

...S

• 8. Re: Need help with NUC7i3 Windows 7 installation
                        Intel Corporation

Hello uglycass,

From my end the only thing I can suggest is how previous users solved this issue on the links provided above and you probably have to do what N. Scott Pearson is mentioning that you will need to modify the HD audio INF as well.

Regards,

Ivan U.

• 9. Re: Need help with NUC7i3 Windows 7 installation
                          uglycass

Hi Scott ... thanks for your help.  I'm still not getting anywhere.  I've tried to make sense of both inf files to see if I can pick up anything missing.  I'm just not good enough at code to figure this out.  I'm pretty certain there's something else that needs to be modified in the igdlh64.inf (graphics driver) that is preventing the intel display audio driver (intcdaud.inf) from being loaded.  The graphics driver is supposed to load both video and sound and all I'm getting is video, but I can't get the sound device to be recognized/turned on.  I'm lost.

I've attached both inf files if you or anyone out there can help me.  I'm no coder, so I'm in over my head here, but I'm pretty confident that the issue is lurking in the graphics driver file and how it talks to the sound driver.

If anyone can help me figure this out, I'd be very grateful.  Countless hour spinning my tires and google searches!

Thank you!

• 10. Re: Need help with NUC7i3 Windows 7 installation
                            N.Scott.Pearson

This is a guess on my part. In file IntcDAud.inf, within sections [Intel.NTAMD64.6.0]. [Intel.NTAMD64.6.1] and [Intel.NTAMD64.6.2], you have entries for devices 2807, 2808 and 2883. I think you need to add entries to each section for device 280B (this is the device id I am seeing in Windows 10 on my NUC7i7BNH).

...S

• 11. Re: Need help with NUC7i3 Windows 7 installation
                              uglycass

Hi Scott ... I gave that a shot, but no luck (my device ID was 9D71).  I came across a couple log files. Here's one of them... I can see there are a number of areas that appear to not be working correctly.  Does a scan through here give you any ideas?  Thanks again for all your help.

>>> 6/11/2017 23:13:11:364

[Install Configuration]

Installer Version: 1.7.34.0

Compile date = Tue Jan 21 14:27:34 2014

OS command line = "C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Setup.exe"

Effective command line =

Windows Version = Windows 7 SP1

Platform = 64 bit

Core Version = 3.0.1 (IIF2++)

System up time = 36 sec

Source: C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664

[Languages]

0401 - C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Lang\ar-SA\setup.exe.mui

0405 - C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Lang\cs-CZ\setup.exe.mui

0406 - C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Lang\da-DK\setup.exe.mui

0407 - C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Lang\de-DE\setup.exe.mui

0408 - C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Lang\el-GR\setup.exe.mui

0409 - C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Lang\en-US\setup.exe.mui

0C0A - C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Lang\es-ES\setup.exe.mui

040B - C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Lang\fi-FI\setup.exe.mui

040C - C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Lang\fr-FR\setup.exe.mui

040D - C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Lang\he-IL\setup.exe.mui

041A - C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Lang\hr-HR\setup.exe.mui

040E - C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Lang\hu-HU\setup.exe.mui

0410 - C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Lang\it-IT\setup.exe.mui

0411 - C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Lang\ja-JP\setup.exe.mui

0412 - C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Lang\ko-KR\setup.exe.mui

0414 - C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Lang\nb-NO\setup.exe.mui

0413 - C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Lang\nl-NL\setup.exe.mui

0415 - C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Lang\pl-PL\setup.exe.mui

0416 - C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Lang\pt-BR\setup.exe.mui

0816 - C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Lang\pt-PT\setup.exe.mui

0418 - C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Lang\ro-RO\setup.exe.mui

0419 - C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Lang\ru-RU\setup.exe.mui

041B - C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Lang\sk-SK\setup.exe.mui

0424 - C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Lang\sl-SI\setup.exe.mui

041D - C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Lang\sv-SE\setup.exe.mui

041E - C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Lang\th-TH\setup.exe.mui

041F - C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Lang\tr-TR\setup.exe.mui

0804 - C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Lang\zh-CN\setup.exe.mui

0404 - C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Lang\zh-TW\setup.exe.mui

User default LangID: 0x409

User default UI language: 0x409

Loaded language 0409

[Checking requirements]

* Enabling DPIAware was successful

Checking for admin rights

Admin rights OK

Checking OS

OS check OK

Checking .NET configuration

Check Pass.  Found ID: 5 , Min ID: 4

.NET check OK

[Scanning drivers]

Scanning drivers

Found INF = C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\DisplayAudio\10.22\IntcDAud.inf

Found INF = C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\DisplayAudio\6.16\IntcDAud.inf

Found INF = C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Graphics\igdlh64.inf

[INF Info]

INF = C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\DisplayAudio\10.22\IntcDAud.inf

*   Section <PackageInfo> Key <Sequence> not found in INF

Date = 12/01/2016

Version = 10.22.01.97

ClassGUID = {4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

PackageInfo.Name = DAUDIO

PackageInfo.Sequence = 0

Manufacturer = Intel,NTAMD64.6.2

Resolved Manufacturer = Intel

!   Error locating a device section. Skipping inf

[INF Info]

INF = C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\DisplayAudio\6.16\IntcDAud.inf

Date = 02/27/2017

Version = 6.16.00.3199

ClassGUID = {4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

PackageInfo.Name = DAUDIO

PackageInfo.Sequence = 0

Manufacturer = Intel,NTAMD64.6.0,NTAMD64.6.1,NTAMD64.6.2

Resolved Manufacturer = Intel.NTAMD64.6.1

Inf supports 64 bit.

Description: Intel(R) Display Audio

HardwareID = IntcDAudModel7,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2807&SUBSYS_80860101,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2807

HardwareID = IntcDAudModel7,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2808&SUBSYS_80860101,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2808

HardwareID = IntcDAudModel7,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2883&SUBSYS_80860101,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2883

HardwareID = IntcDAudModel7,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2809&SUBSYS_80860101,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2809

HardwareID = IntcDAudModel7,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_9D71&SUBSYS_80860101,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_9D71

[INF Info]

INF = C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Graphics\igdlh64.inf

Date = 04/21/2017

Version = 21.20.16.4664

ClassGUID = {4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

PackageInfo.Name = Graphics

PackageInfo.Sequence = 0

Manufacturer = IntelGfx,NTamd64.6.1,NTamd64.6.2,NTamd64.6.3,NTamd64.10.0,NTamd64.10.0...14393

Resolved Manufacturer = IntelGfx.NTamd64.6.1

Inf supports 64 bit.

Description: Intel(R) HD Graphics 510

HardwareID = iSKLD_w7,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1906

Description: Intel(R) HD Graphics 520

HardwareID = iSKLD_w7,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1916

Description: Intel(R) HD Graphics 515

HardwareID = iSKLD_w7,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_191E

Description: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530

HardwareID = iSKLD_w7,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1912

Description: Intel(R) HD Graphics 520

HardwareID = iSKLD_w7,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1921

Description: Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics 540

HardwareID = iSKLD_w7,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1926

Description: Intel(R) HD Graphics 535

HardwareID = iSKLD_w7,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1923

Description: Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics 550

HardwareID = iSKLD_w7,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1927

HardwareID = iSKLD_w7,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1902

HardwareID = iSKLD_w7,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_190B

Description: Intel(R) Iris(TM) Pro Graphics 580

HardwareID = iSKLD_w7,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_193B

Description: Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics 555

HardwareID = iSKLD_w7,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_192B

Description: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530

HardwareID = iSKLD_w7,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_191B

Description: Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics P555

HardwareID = iSKLD_w7,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_192D

Description: Intel(R) Iris(TM) Pro Graphics P580

HardwareID = iSKLD_w7,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_193A

Description: Intel(R) HD Graphics P530

HardwareID = iSKLD_w7,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_191D

Description: Intel(R) Iris(TM) Pro Graphics P580

HardwareID = iSKLD_w7,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_193D

Description: Intel(R) HD Graphics 620

HardwareID = iSKLD_w7,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5916

Matched HardwareID = PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5916

Installed Driver = {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000

Found current package 21.20.16.4664

Found current package INF: C:\Windows\inf\oem8.inf

Found current package Installed INF: oem8.inf

Removed C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\DisplayAudio\10.22\IntcDAud.inf

Removed C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\DisplayAudio\6.16\IntcDAud.inf

Checking 4 part DID's

if nInfIdCount == 2

opening INF file C:\Windows\inf\oem8.inf

4ID check OK

!   Hardware ID not found [5916].

Checking for downgrading

[Checking INF versions]

C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Graphics\igdlh64.inf

Intel(R) HD Graphics 620

Installed version: 21.20.16.4664

Version in package: 21.20.16.4664

Installed INF info: Name=Graphics, Provider=Intel Corporation, Section=iSKLD_w7

[Install]

Reading action file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\setup.if2

Groups: ARP=1, CPUOCL=0, FUA=0, GFX=1, GFXOCL=0, HDMI=0, ICCS=0, LR32=0, LR64=0, MEDIA=0

Winsat will run on reboot

[Filtering components per group]

'File' at line 267. Group = MEDIA

'INF' at line 277. Group = HDMI

'Process' at line 287. Group = ICCS

'Process' at line 296. Group = ICCS

'Process' at line 310. Group = CPUOCL

'Registry' at line 320. Group = GFXOCL

'Registry' at line 328. Group = GFXOCL

'Process' at line 338. Group = CPUOCL

'File' at line 353. Group = FUA

'Process' at line 429. Group = LR32

'File' at line 439. Group = LR32

'Process' at line 449. Group = LR64

'File' at line 459. Group = LR64

[Filter conditions]

'File' at line 48. Condition = NOT Is64

'Registry' at line 89. Condition = NOT Is64

'Registry' at line 121. Condition = IsCmd(audiofix) AND Is64

'Registry' at line 133. Condition = IsCmd(audiofix)

'Process' at line 176. Condition = IsCmd(import) AND NOT IsCmd(profile)

'Process' at line 187. Condition = IsCmd(profile) AND NOT IsCmd(import)

'Process' at line 198. Condition = IsCmd(profile) AND IsCmd(import)

'Registry' at line 239. Condition = IsOS(VISTA,MAXOS) AND NOT IsCmd(nowinsat) AND IfDrvExists(GFX) AND NOT Is64

'Process' at line 429. Condition = NOT Is64

'File' at line 439. Condition = NOT Is64

'Registry' at line 603. Condition = NOT Is64

'Registry' at line 611. Condition = NOT Is64

'Registry' at line 619. Condition = NOT Is64

Sorting action list for installation

[Process - -10]

Executing 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Processor Graphics\uninstall\UninstallVulkanRT.exe /S'

Flags: Wait=yes Hidden=no

[Custom action - -10]

Checking for existing power profiles

No power profiles found

Parsing C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Graphics\igdlh64.inf for power settings

Platform: iSKLD_w7

Reading section PowerPlanSettings

Setting: {3619C3F2-AFB2-4afc-B0E9-E7FEF372DE36}

Subgroup: {44F3BECA-A7C0-460e-9DF2-BB8B99E0CBA6}

[INF - -3]

Installing C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Graphics\igdlh64.inf

INF = C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Graphics\igdlh64.inf

Execute command: "C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\x64\Drv64.exe" -driverinf "C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Graphics\igdlh64.inf" -flags 20 -keypath "Software\Intel\Difx64" -log "C:\Intel\Logs\IntelGFX.log"

DRV64: DIFX (0x0): ENTER:  DriverPackageInstallW

DRV64: DIFX (0x0): DRIVER_PACKAGE_LEGACY_MODE flag set but not supported on Plug and Play driver on VISTA. Flag will be ignored.

DRV64: DIFX (0x0): Installing INF file 'C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Graphics\igdlh64.inf' (Plug and Play).

DRV64: DIFX (0x0): Looking for Model Section [IntelGfx.NTamd64.6.1]...

DRV64: DIFX (0x0): Installing devices with Id "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5916&SUBSYS_20688086&REV_02" using INF "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_neutral_fa46d25183db52d6\igdlh64.inf".

DRV64: DIFX (0x0): Will force install because driver is not better and force flag is set.

DRV64: DIFX (0x0): ENTER UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices...

DRV64: DIFX (0x0): RETURN UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices.

DRV64: DIFX (0x0): Installation was successful.

DRV64: DIFX (0x0): Install completed

DRV64: DIFX (0x0): RETURN: DriverPackageInstallW  (0x0)

DRV64: DIFX (0x0): ENTER:  DriverPackageGetPathW

DRV64: DIFX (0x0): RETURN: DriverPackageGetPathW  (0x0)

Installation source = C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Graphics\igdlh64.inf

DriverStore location = C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_neutral_fa46d25183db52d6\igdlh64.inf

Package Requires Reboot = no

Checking for previously installed driver package

Current Driver:  '21.20.16.4664'

Previous Driver: '21.20.16.4664' 'C:\Windows\inf\oem8.inf'

* Skipping uninstall of previous driver. The version of the current and previous drivers are the same.

[Process - 0]

Marking C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msiexec.exe to run when uninstalled

[Process - 0]

Marking C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wevtutil.exe to run when uninstalled

[Process - 0]

Marking C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Processor Graphics\uninstall\UninstallVulkanRT.exe to run when uninstalled

[Process - 0]

Marking GfxUIEx.exe to terminate when uninstalled

[Process - 0]

Marking igfxtray.exe to terminate when uninstalled

[Process - 0]

Marking igfxsrvc.exe to terminate when uninstalled

[Process - 0]

Marking hkcmd.exe to terminate when uninstalled

[Process - 0]

Marking igfxpers.exe to terminate when uninstalled

[Process - 0]

Marking igfxext.exe to terminate when uninstalled

[File - 0]

Marking C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe for delete during uninstallation

[File - 0]

Marking C:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe for delete during uninstallation

[Registry - 0]

Marking registry value HKLM\SOFTWARE\Intel\Display for deletion during uninstallation

[Registry - 0]

Marking registry value HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\ialm\Device0 for deletion during uninstallation

[Registry - 0]

Marking registry value HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\ialm\Device1 for deletion during uninstallation

[Folder - 0]

Marking folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Processor Graphics\uninstall for delete on uninstall

[Folder - 0]

Marking folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Processor Graphics\Update Manager for delete on uninstall

[Folder - 0]

Marking folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Processor Graphics for delete on uninstall

[Folder - 0]

Marking folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Processor Graphics\uninstall\x64 for delete on uninstall

[Registry - 0]

Marking registry value HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\HotKeysCmds=, for deletion during uninstallation

[Registry - 0]

Marking registry value HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\IgfxTray=, for deletion during uninstallation

[Registry - 0]

Marking registry value HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Persistence=, for deletion during uninstallation

[Registry - 0]

Marking registry value HKLM\SOFTWARE\Intel\Display for deletion during uninstallation

[Service - 0]

Name = CPHS

Marking service CPHS for stop on uninstall

[Service - 0]

Name = CPHS

[File - 0]

Marking C:\Windows\SysWOW64\IntelCpHeciSvc.exe for delete during uninstallation

[File - 0]

Marking C:\Windows\SysWOW64\iglhcp32.dll for delete during uninstallation

[File - 0]

Marking C:\Windows\system32\iglhcp64.dll for delete during uninstallation

[Service - 0]

Name = cplspcon

Marking service cplspcon for stop on uninstall

[Service - 0]

Name = cplspcon

[File - 0]

Marking C:\Windows\system32\IntelCpHDCPSvc.exe for delete during uninstallation

[File - 0]

Marking C:\Windows\system32\cp_resources.bin for delete during uninstallation

[File - 100]

Operation = copyonly

Destination = C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Processor Graphics\uninstall\Setup.exe

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Setup.exe

[Registry - 100]

Adding registry value = HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows\SystemDirectory=C:\Windows\SysWOW64,sz

[Registry - 100]

Adding registry value = HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\ialm\Device0\SystemDirectory=C:\Windows\SysWOW64,sz

[Registry - 100]

Adding registry value = HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\ialm\Device1\SystemDirectory=C:\Windows\SysWOW64,sz

[Registry - 100]

Adding registry value = HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\WinSat=winsat dwm -xml results.xml,sz

[Folder - 105]

Source = C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang

Destination = C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Processor Graphics\uninstall

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\ar-SA\license.txt

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\ar-SA\setup.exe.mui

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\cs-CZ\license.txt

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\cs-CZ\setup.exe.mui

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\da-DK\license.txt

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\da-DK\setup.exe.mui

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\de-DE\license.txt

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\de-DE\setup.exe.mui

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\el-GR\license.txt

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\el-GR\setup.exe.mui

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\en-US\license.txt

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\en-US\setup.exe.mui

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\es-ES\license.txt

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\es-ES\setup.exe.mui

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\fi-FI\license.txt

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\fi-FI\setup.exe.mui

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\fr-FR\license.txt

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\fr-FR\setup.exe.mui

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\he-IL\license.txt

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\he-IL\setup.exe.mui

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\hr-HR\license.txt

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\hr-HR\setup.exe.mui

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\hu-HU\license.txt

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\hu-HU\setup.exe.mui

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\it-IT\license.txt

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\it-IT\setup.exe.mui

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\ja-JP\license.txt

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\ja-JP\setup.exe.mui

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\ko-KR\license.txt

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\ko-KR\setup.exe.mui

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\nb-NO\license.txt

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\nb-NO\setup.exe.mui

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\nl-NL\license.txt

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\nl-NL\setup.exe.mui

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\pl-PL\license.txt

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\pl-PL\setup.exe.mui

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\pt-BR\license.txt

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\pt-BR\setup.exe.mui

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\pt-PT\license.txt

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\pt-PT\setup.exe.mui

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\ro-RO\license.txt

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\ro-RO\setup.exe.mui

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\ru-RU\license.txt

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\ru-RU\setup.exe.mui

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\sk-SK\license.txt

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\sk-SK\setup.exe.mui

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\sl-SI\license.txt

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\sl-SI\setup.exe.mui

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\sv-SE\license.txt

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\sv-SE\setup.exe.mui

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\th-TH\license.txt

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\th-TH\setup.exe.mui

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\tr-TR\license.txt

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\tr-TR\setup.exe.mui

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\zh-CN\license.txt

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\zh-CN\setup.exe.mui

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\zh-TW\license.txt

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\lang\zh-TW\setup.exe.mui

[File - 110]

Operation = copy

Destination = C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Processor Graphics\uninstall\x64\Drv64.exe

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\x64\Drv64.exe

[File - 115]

Operation = copyonly

Destination = C:\Windows\system32\difxapi.dll

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\x64\difxapi.dll

Source version: 2.1.0.0

Dest version: 2.1.0.0

File skipped, destination file is same or newer

[Configuring uninstallation - 120]

Uninstall key: Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{F0E3AD40-2BBD-4360-9C76-B9AC9A5886EA}

[Registry - 121]

Deleting Key = HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HDMI

[Registry - 122]

Deleting Key = HKLM\SOFTWARE\Intel\IGDI

[File - 1305]

Operation = copyonly

Destination = C:\Program Files\Intel\Media Resource\media_cp.man

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Graphics\media_cp.man

[File - 1305]

Operation = copyonly

Destination = C:\Program Files\Intel\Media Resource\igd11dxva32.dll

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Graphics\igd11dxva32.dll

[File - 1305]

Operation = copyonly

Destination = C:\Program Files\Intel\Media Resource\igd11dxva64.dll

Copying file C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Graphics\igd11dxva64.dll

[Process - 1306]

Executing 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wevtutil.exe im "C:\Program Files\Intel\Media Resource\media_cp.man"'

Flags: Wait=yes Hidden=no

[Custom action - 2000]

Finding VulkanRT-Installer.exe file...

VulkanRT-Installer.exe file found at: C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Drivers\gfx_win10_64_15.45.18.4664\Graphics\VulkanRT-Installer.exe

VulkanRT-Installer.exe Version: 1.0.33.0

Finding UninstallVulkanRT.exe file...

UninstallVulkanRT.exe file found at: C:\Program Files (x86)\VulkanRT\1.0.33.0\UninstallVulkanRT.exe

Copying UninstallVulkanRT.exe to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Processor Graphics\uninstall\UninstallVulkanRT.exe

[File - 6049]

Deleting file: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Intel\Intel(R) HD Graphics Control Panel.lnk

!     Delete error 0x3

[File - 6049]

Deleting file: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Intel(R) HD Graphics Control Panel.lnk

!     Delete error 0x2

[File - 6049]

Deleting file: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Intel(R) Graphics and Media Control Panel.lnk

!     Delete error 0x2

[File - 6049]

Deleting file: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Intel\Intel(R) Graphics and Media Control Panel.lnk

!     Delete error 0x3

[File - 6049]

Deleting file: C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Intel(R) HD Graphics Control Panel.lnk

!     Delete error 0x2

[File - 6049]

Deleting file: C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Intel(R) Graphics and Media Control Panel.lnk

!     Delete error 0x2

[File - 6049]

Deleting file: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Intel\Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics Control Panel.lnk

!     Delete error 0x3

[File - 6049]

Deleting file: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics Control Panel.lnk

!     Delete error 0x2

[File - 6049]

Deleting file: C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics Control Panel.lnk

!     Delete error 0x2

[File - 6049]

Deleting file: C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Intel\Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics Control Panel.lnk

!     Delete error 0x3

[Registry - 7000]

Deleting Key = HKLM\SOFTWARE\Intel\GFX\Internal\AudioFix

[Registry - 7000]

Deleting Key = HKLM\SOFTWARE\Intel\GFX\Internal\AudioFix

[Folder - 12100]

Recursively deleting folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver

[Custom action - 60001]

Looking for Tango Creek installer

* Tango Creek installer not found

Initiating reboot

IIF will NOT initiate reboot

Exit code = 0x0

ResultCode = 0

<<< 6/11/2017 23:15:11:328

• 12. Re: Need help with NUC7i3 Windows 7 installation
                                N.Scott.Pearson

I don't believe that 9D71 is correct. That is for Intel Smart Sound, not Intel HD Audio; two totally separate things. The id that is associated with Intel HD Audio on my NUC7i7BN is 280B.

...S

• 13. Re: Need help with NUC7i3 Windows 7 installation
                                  Nic0

Hi,

Where you able to get the sound working? I'm having the same issue running Windows 7 Pro on my NUC7i3 (Hardware ID 9D71)

• 14. Re: Need help with NUC7i3 Windows 7 installation
                                    uglycass

Nic0 ... sorry, no i was never able to solve and had to give up.  It's frustrating because I know there's a solution and I think it's straightforward (modifying inf files), but could never get there.  Good luck and please let me know if you're able to figure it out.