We understand you can't install Windows* Server 2012 R2 in one of our Intel® SSD DC P3520 series, we'd like to help you with this. Could you please try these steps and let us know if it worked:
- Start Windows* setup using your bootable media.
- Click the Repair button.
- Choose Advanced tools and then select Command Prompt.
- When Command Prompt opens, please type diskpart and hit enter.
- Now type list disk. (You should see the list of all hard drives connected to your computer).
- Find the number that represents the SSD you want to install Windows* on and type: select disk X (Where X is the number of your disk)
- Enter the following lines and press Enter after each line:
- disk X clean
- disk X create partition primary
- disk X active
- disk X format fs=ntfs quick
- disk X assign
- Type exit in order to close Command Prompt.
- Start the installation process again.
We have seen several users with this situation and all of them got it resolved by following those instructions, please let us know if it works for you.
Hello Nestor C,
First,thanks for your help.
But unfortunately, the method you offered didn't work well on my server.
By the way,I want to know if there are other possibilities about this problem.
Because the boot mode is legacy,
I think that is the problem -- PCIe NVMe SSD's are only able to boot in UEFI mode.
This is an older document, but the points are still relevant: http://download.intel.com/support/ssdc/hpssd/sb/nvme_boot_guide_332098001us.pdf
Thanks for trying the suggestion. We believe that what Gize2 mentions is very important, you may want to try changing the boot mode in your BIOS for UEFI.
Please try that configuration and let us know, it makes total sense.
We would like to know if you were able to try the previous recommendations and if you require further assistance. We'll be waiting for your response.