6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2017 2:37 PM by Intel Corporation

Dell 7348 with Intel HD Grahics 5500 cannot boot into Windows 10 Creators Update using latest graphics drivers, it does boot however using Microsoft Basic Display Adapter driver. Any suggestions on how to fix?

Kyre-Ph

So as the topic says, I installed the WIndows 10 Creators Update (clean install using a USB installer, newly formatted drive) on my Dell 7348, and when I install the Intel HD Graphics 5500 drivers and reboot, the laptop freezes on the black screen with spinning white dots.

I have removed all USB peripherals and turned on and off Secure Boot in the UEFI settings, but the issue still occurs regardless.

I have tried using the following Intel drivers, but the issue still occurs:

• The package on Dell's support page for the 7348, which installs Intel Graphics Driver Version 20.19.15.4463
      • The drivers fetched by Windows 10 via Windows Update, which also installs Intel Graphics Driver Version 20.19.15.4463
      • Intel's official and latest drivers on the Intel website, which installs the Intel Graphics Driver Version 20.19.15.4624
      • Intel's official and latest drivers using the Intel Driver Update Utility, which also installs Intel Graphics Driver Version 20.19.15.4624

But when I revert to using the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter driver, I am able to boot normally.

Would anyone know of a long-term fix for this? Any help would be much appreciated.

My basic system information, for reference:

CPU: Intel Core i5-5200 2.20 GHz

RAM: 8GB installed

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5500