9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2017 2:56 PM by Intel Corporation

NUC7i3BNH stops working completely after BIOS update 0046

taraquedo

Hi,

i own a NUC7i3BNH and started a BIOS update from 0036 to 0046 today (see [1] below for download link). As a linux-user I chose the F7 method. So I copied the BIO file to an usb stick and updated with F7 as I did last time. The update succeeded from what was written on the screen. But after the progress finished the system powered off and it is not possible to power it back on.

The system is not reacting on the power button (not with a short press, not with a 3 second-press). No sounds/beeps can be heard with plugged headphones. No lights are flashing. It looks like the system does not have power at all. But there is one exception: There is a green standby-LED on the mainboard which is always on when power cord is plugged. I also checked the power supply which seems to be okay.

Of course I unplugged the power cord several times and waited minutes before going on. I also removed the "secure bios" jumper and wanted to do the "recovery bios"-process. No luck.

At the moment I cannot see any life activities except the green standby-LED. Does anyone have a hint to that? What happened here? What can I do? I am afraid I will never do any updates in the future anymore if I cannot get this solved.

Greetings from germany!

[1] Download BIOS Update [BNKBL357.86A]