11 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2011 12:26 AM by Flying_Kiwi

DG45ID audio driver on windows 7 crashing

mzigaib

I had windows rc build 7100 installed on my computer and the audio was working fine with the intel drivers, so I´ve upgraded to the final release of windows 7 and installed the new drivers for the audio, it installs but it doesn't work, if I try to enter the control panel or change the volume level it hangs and crashes, I tried the old driver and the same thing happens.

Anyone having the same problem? Can anyone from intel take a look on this?

Sorry the bad english.

• 1. Re: DG45ID audio driver on windows 7 crashing
          mzigaib

I tested again with a windows 7 older ver 178, started to working for sometime after a while it stops working.

I could stay with the windows 7 default driver but it doesn't have a option to turn on the dolby decoder to spdif output.

Any tips?

• 2. Re: DG45ID audio driver on windows 7 crashing
            mzigaib

Would be just me having this problem?

• 3. Re: DG45ID audio driver on windows 7 crashing
              mzigaib

I am still having problems with the drivers, can anyone help me?

• 4. Re: DG45ID audio driver on windows 7 crashing
                Flying_Kiwi

I'm having no such problems with the latest Audio driver from Intels website (dated 15/11/2009) on my DG45ID with Win 7 Home Premium 32 bit so it must be something about your 'upgrade'/installation. Maybe a back to basics setup with the drivers installed in the correct order (ie before any additional software) will get things working again properly for you.

• 5. Re: DG45ID audio driver on windows 7 crashing
                  mzigaib

Thanks for the feedback, It´s good to know that.

Can you just test if turning on live audio works, because my problems start when I try to turn on that.

Anyway I´ll try to do a clean up my system like you said.

Thanks again.

• 6. Re: DG45ID audio driver on windows 7 crashing
                    Flying_Kiwi

I've turned on Enable Dolby Headphones and Enable Dolby Natural Base.(which is on the relevant panel in IDT HD Sound for my use) and it seems fine. I know it can be disheartening getting an 'it works ok on my pc' message but as far as I can tell, no such problems exist here and time spent by Intel or IDT engineers looking at this aspect of the drivers, would not be time well spent. After the 'clean up' (ideally a fresh install rather than an 'upgrade'), if you are still having problems, try just using analog output during driver installation/initial configuration.

• 7. Re: DG45ID audio driver on windows 7 crashing
                      GooD31

I have the same problem whit a nearly fresh install only installed office 2007 and when i tryed the audio win 7 started to crash someone else got this problem?

• 8. Re: DG45ID audio driver on windows 7 crashing
                        Flying_Kiwi

GooD31 wrote:

when i tryed the audio win 7 started to crash

What does that mean (precisely) and what are your system details (incl version of Win 7) also what changes did you make leading up to these problems? You'll need to provide more info for people to be able to help you GooD31.

• 9. Re: DG45ID audio driver on windows 7 crashing
                          mechbob

What BIOS Ver. Do you have??

• 10. Re: DG45ID audio driver on windows 7 crashing

This weekend that just passed I had enough and decided to do a fresh install of Windows 7 64bit incase there was any issues with the install.

Before installing I ensured I had all the latest Intel drivers downloaded and latest BIOS applied before the fresh install (as of 23/4/2011).

Once the fresh install completed and installed all drivers (INF, Display, Audio, LAN..etc..etc)...

I then started playing with some DVD’s and found I was still having audio issues on a fresh OS install so I believe the issue is with the Intel Audio drivers...

I am using the SPDIF audio output to a Sony amplifier (supports DTS96 & Dolby HD..etc..etc decoding).

I have since also installed VLC and XBMC and am having the same issues which audio at times does work but eventually stops working (could take a few min at times)... Once this happens any application you try to load that uses audio will hang (whilst trying to initialise audio I’m guessing) and needs to be forcefully closed.

A friend said he’s has similar issues also with he’s Intel main board (same one) and said he thinks it could be related to whenever audio is used a process called ‘Audiodg.exe’ is started and once this process hangs/has issues the only way to fix it or get audio working again is to kill the process (or process tree) and this will let you get up and running with audio again for a little longer until the next crash/issue... I have not had time to try this yet (he’s just told me at work today so will try look into this as well but though I would mention it in case others find it to help)

• 11. Re: DG45ID audio driver on windows 7 crashing
                              Flying_Kiwi

Guest wrote:

I then started playing with some DVD’s and found I was still having audio issues on a fresh OS install so I believe the issue is with the Intel Audio drivers...

I am using the SPDIF audio output to a Sony amplifier (supports DTS96 & Dolby HD..etc..etc decoding).

My experience with the DG45ID has changed significantly since I posted earlier in this thread. Back then I was 'just' using the regular speaker output jacks and the Intel provided IDT drivers did the job fine. Last Christmas I bought a Turtlebeach X41 Dolby Digital capable Headphone set and connected it using the optical S/PDIF (TOSLINK), that's when the problems (like you've reported) started.

I have been able to resolve the mixer/audio software related lockups and problems completely by uninstalling the Intel/IDT drivers and using the newer Microsoft native drivers that come with Win 7 SP1. I've recently posted all about it in another thread here http://communities.intel.com/thread/20508?tstart=0 on the Intel forum. It's clear that using the optical (S/PDIF) output on this motherboard makes a BIG difference to the reliability of the Intel/IDT drivers. Sorry to those earlier in the thread where I didn't pick up that that's how they had their system connected.