1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 1, 2017 5:04 PM by Intel Corporation

Joule to Android communication

PeterHand

I am currently in the process of developing a solution for the Joule to communicate with an Android 6.0 or higher device , using IP over USB.  Does the Joule currently have any driver support (either OS level, or application level) to communicate with Android? If not, is there intention for this support to be included in the future?

When I plug my Joule into my Android platform, I can see that the joule serves up four potential configurations: CDC ACM+ECM, CDC ECM (for ethernet), CDC ethernet Data, and MTP.  I would like to utilize CDC ECM for my purposes, so it appears that this should be a possibility.  Thank you.

• 1. Re: Joule to Android communication
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello PeterHand,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel® Joule™ Products.

Unfortunately, there isn’t a driver for Joule to communicate with Android, and there hasn’t been an official statement regarding that kind of support.

There have been several threads in this community that mention the CDC drivers, so we are aware of the need for such software. We are currently working on a solution, but there is no estimate date for arrival.

If you have any other question, don’t hesitate to contact us.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
          Andres V.