3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2017 9:15 AM by Intel Corporation

Intel Driver Update Utility silent installation

PThompson

Greetings,

I'm no sure where this should be posted, so I will put it here.

Whenever the Intel Driver Update Utility is installed silently to a client system, it notifies the user via the Interactive Services Detection there is a window that needs attention. Regular user accounts cannot open this other window.

It's the window asking whether use wishes to participate in the feedback program.

Is there a way to configure the installer to skip or auto-accept this question?

It's been doing this since 2.7.x.

Thanks,

Paul T.

• 1. Re: Intel Driver Update Utility silent installation
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello PThompson,

The Product Improvement Program pop-up is part of the code that comes within the application, this is an essential piece of code for us and this is because the information about your computer's performance will be used to make improvements that may benefit you in the future. Let me give you an example, if the data shows that a driver is not performing as expected, Intel will utilize that information for future driver updates. You can always decline the pop-up and continue using the tool. In case you do not want it present this link may help you; How to REMOVE Product Improvement Program pop up? |Adobe Community. This link talks about changing the registry which I believe may help in your case, but it will be at your own risk.

The content on the above site is not controlled by Intel. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel for the merchants or services offered there.

Regards,

Amy C.

• 2. Re: Intel Driver Update Utility silent installation
            PThompson

Amy,

I understand the intent of the improvement program. However, I think you did not understand my issue. Further, the link you provided is not ideal.

The installer, after it has executed in silent mode,  does not allow a regular user account to see the improvement program popup at all when the account logs on. It is as I have described up above. It only allows the user to click Return. They can't even read the popup.

I don't want my users to be forced into the program either.  What I would like as an option, when running the installer silenty from the command line, the ability to set a switch to either accept or decline. I don't think this is too much ask?

Paul T.

• 3. Re: Intel Driver Update Utility silent installation
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Paul,

I understand your request; however, I am aware the pop-up is part of the code that comes within the application, from our end there is no documentation on how to auto acknowledge it or use a command line to either accept or decline, it should be acknowledged manually each time is installed. I will sent your request to the proper Intel department for further review and hopefully can be implemented in the future.

Regards,

Amy C.