Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

Windows7 requires a digital signed driver when installing Intel Extreme Tuning Utility

RGust
Beginner

Hi,

When installing Intel Extreme Tuning Utility on my Dell Optiplex 990 with an Intel i5-2400 CPU i get the above message.

It will not install iocbios2.sys and ACPI BIOS Control Driver. How do i get this resolved?

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Richard

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Richard_G,

Please try to install the software one more time, if the issue persists try installing it from Safe mode.

Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU): https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24075/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU-?product=66427 Download Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU)

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
RGust
Beginner

Thanks for the fast reply Amy C.

I did what you suggest, install it again, same problem. Tried with an earlier version after reading a post here on the forum. again same problem.

Tried with installing from Safe mode and got the message as per attached image.

Any other suggestions?

Richard

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Richard thank you for following my suggestions.

Please let me review this matter, I will update the thread as soon as possible.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
Ronny_G_Intel
Community Manager

Hello /thread/114965 Richard_G,

Microsoft* requires all drivers running under the 64 bit for Vista and Windows 7 be digitally signed by Microsoft's root certificate.

Open an elevated command prompt by either:

Clicking the "Start" button on the Windows taskbar, type CMD in the search box, and then press to run CMD with administrator privileges), or

Locating "cmd.exe" under C:\Windows\System32 in Windows Explorer, rightclicking on this executable and selecting "Run as Administrator" from the context menu

Click "continue" or enter the administrator's password as appropriate and click "OK", when asked for permission to continue.

In the command prompt window which appears, type:

• To disable device driver signing, type "BCDEDIT /set nointegritychecks ON" then press "Enter"
  • Restart the PC
  • Try to install the application again.

• To enable device driver signing, type "BCDEDIT /set nointegritychecks OFF" then press "Enter"
  • Restart the PC

Let me know if this helps,

0 Kudos
RGust
Beginner

Hi rguevara,

Tried your suggestion but it didn't work. Still getting the same error. See attached image.

Richard

0 Kudos
Ronny_G_Intel
Community Manager

Hello /thread/114965 Richard_G,

I tried it with a retailed Windows 7 version and had no issues at all.

It is very possible that the option to do this is locked, can you check with Dell*? or perhaps with Microsoft?

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/114965 Richard_G, hope you were able to check the previous input.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
RGust
Beginner

I have investigate if there are any problems with Dell computers and this type of software. It seems to be that Dell has blocked any type of SW that tries to access functions on the motherboard.

I guess we have to leave it here and in the future when I have a new computer (not Dell) I will give it a try again.

Thank's for the herlp.

RIchard

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Richard, thank you for sharing this information. Hopefully Dell can unlock this functions on your motherboard for you to use our tool.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos