2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2010 8:52 PM by ColonelPenguin

core i3 system feels a bit slow...

jeyob123

i have this build and i can't seem the difference between my old p4 3ghz system sometimes it goes slow, exclude the gaming... 

core i3-530 2.93ghz and gma hd graphics
      2gb ddr3-1333 cl9-9-9-24
      intel dh55tc
      320gb sataII 8mb cache
      win xp sp2 home ed

#1 scenario is the boot time > mine takes 9 blue lines in windows splash screen that really bothers me, its really slow... coz my friends athlon x2 2.5ghz only takes 4 blue lines and my p4 takes six .. how is that possible? I only have 7 start up items

#2 the loading of apps, I thought they would load in an instant but still no difference, i have to w8 3-5 sec... like firefox

#3 installation of programs, that time i was installing adobe master collection cs3 IT TOOK ME over 1HR of installation, and whenever i hit ctrl+alt+del the procie's activity is only @ 24-30%

I consider this a really big deal for me, coz ive pay money for this. So pls help me should I change OS or what?

• 1. Re: core i3 system feels a bit slow...
          Ytterbium

Your probally experiancing a bottleneck in the system, from what you list, I'd say your disk drive is the suspect.  If you can try to get a solid state drive.

• 2. Re: core i3 system feels a bit slow...
            ColonelPenguin

It may be a RAM problem. I would suggest checking the bios and make sure the memory is actually running at 1333 speeds. Sometimes the motherboard will automatically set the speed to a specific value (i.e. 1066), which could be what you are experiencing.

If not the RAM, I would then look at the hard disk drive. If you are using a 5400 rpm hard drive that could explain the problem, in which case you will need to get a faster HDD to fix the issue.

If it is not either of those, I would go back to the RAM and think that it is because you are only using 2GB and could upgrade to 4GB and you will feel a great boost in speed. Before purchasing new or more RAM you may want to take your system to a computer repair shop and let them check it out just to make sure it isn't something else, but I've built enough systems to tell you that going from 2GB to 4GB will definatley fix the problem, but should be your last resport after checking everything else out so you can save yourself some money.

-Colonel