5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2017 2:02 PM by Intel Corporation

PCI-E again

e2k8

Just to clarify, the pins themselves are multiplexed on the joule module, so actually, I could connect PCI-E and USB-3 on my carrier,

and switch in the BIOS, which gets used?

Another one: Any chance, Intel will look into the BIOS update and enable the PCI-E?

It would be VERY useful for lots of applications ...

THANKS for any answers ...

• 1. Re: PCI-E again
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi e2k8,

Thank you for contacting us.
          You’re correct, the PCIe is multiplexed with the USB3 in the Joule. In theory, you would be able to switch between PCIe and USB3 from the BIOS settings, however, at the moment, this is not an option. As you know, the PCIe BIOS is not currently available. The development team is aware of this and is working on a possible fix. 

Anyhow, when the PCIe BIOS is enabled, the scenario you mention should be possible.

I hope this information was useful.

Regards,
          -Sergio A

• 2. Re: PCI-E again
            e2k8

Hello Sergio,

thanks for your reply, I'm glad it confirmed my idea for the next board.

Anyway, is it possible to get in contact with the BIOS people, to put some priority on the PCI-E issue?

Thanks!

• 3. Re: PCI-E again
              Intel Corporation

Hi e2k8,

There’s no way to contact the BIOS development team directly. We monitor the community and if there’s an issue that needs to be brought to their attention, we forward them the specifics so they can review it. We can assure you, the BIOS development team is aware of the PCIe request. At the moment, there’s no ETA on when a fix will be available.

We appreciate your understanding.

Regards,
              -Sergio A

• 4. Re: PCI-E again
                lnarbatovics

I am also waiting on the PCI-E feature to produce a production board, it seems odd that we cant currently utilize this feature since it is listed in the documentation (https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/721456).

I currently have a design with an Intel i211 ethernet controller that currently cant be utilized because of the lack of this functionality.

Thanks,

Lucas

• 5. Re: PCI-E again
                  Intel Corporation

Hi lnarbatovics,

I understand this is not ideal and wish there was more we can do to help. We’ve passed the community feedback to the BIOS team. They’re aware there’s a high demand on the PCIe feature. Hopefully, there’s a solution to this soon.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
                  -Sergio