Items with no label
3335 Discussions

How to get the extrinsics from color camera to motion module (IMU) for zr300 camera?

QShi5
Beginner

I have a realsense zr300 camera used for vision-inertial odometry, in which case the extrinsics matrix from color camera to motion module is needed.

So how can I get the extrinsics ?

I have tried the function

dev->get_motion_extrinsics_from(rs::stream::color)

provided by cross-platform library librealsense. Well the function returns error, I look into the function and find that the error comes from

throw std::runtime_error("Motion intrinsic is not valid");

But I can get the motion intrinsics using the function

dev->get_motion_intrinsics();

So how to solve the problem? Can I get the extrinsics directly from the library? If not, should I calibrate the extrinsics manually?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Researching the ZR300.cpp script, I note that it uses the following format:

rs_extrinsics zr300_camera::get_motion_extrinsics_from(rs_stream from) const

I wonder if you could get the information that you need this way? The majority of sources I came across during my research used this format to get motion extrinsics.

A Librealsense documentation page also has this reference:

https://software.intel.com/sites/products/realsense/camera/classrs_1_1device.html# a347cf03bc776900fc9ed10fd3c43b731 Intel® RealSense™ Cross Platform API (librealsense): rs::device Class Reference

0 Kudos
QShi5
Beginner

Hi, MartyG

Thanks for your reply.

I'm using the Librealsense API you mentioned in this way:

dev->get_motion_extrinsics_from(rs::stream::color);

and get the error, obviously it does not work.

Debugging into the function "get_motion_extrinsics_from()", I find that it finally call the "rs_extrinsics zr300_camera::get_motion_extrinsics_from(rs_stream from) const" function.

Can you please share me some sources using that format to get motion extrinsics?

Many Thanks!

Qin Shi

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Line 299 of the zr300.cpp script uses that exact code. This script seems to be the only place where this line can be found.

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/blob/master/src/zr300.cpp librealsense/zr300.cpp at master · IntelRealSense/librealsense · GitHub

0 Kudos