8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2017 1:55 PM by Intel Corporation

RTF hangs on Secure Boot Error

edmyers

Title says it all - Updated (Flashed) the BIOS per the instructions in section titled "02 Initial Setup." Upon the reboot the RTF hung with the error "IFWI security version is not valid..."

How do I recover?

Console log provided as an attachment.

• 1. Re: RTF hangs on Secure Boot Error
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Edmyers,

Thank you for contacting us.

That's a weird error, I have not seen it before, please let me investigate more about it, and I'll let you know when I have updates.

Just to make sure, are you able to access to the BIOS setup screen before the error appears? Please include any detail that you consider helpful to solve this issue.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
          Leonardo R.

• 2. Re: RTF hangs on Secure Boot Error
            edmyers

Thanks for responding.

I do not have access to the BIOS setup screen.  What comes up first was the splash screen.  Tried hitting "F2," but no response. (I was using a MAC keyboard - I will obtain and try a PC keyboard to see if that makes a difference).

I am resending the Attachments because the error message was cut off.

Screen1.jpg shows the final message, a couple of seconds later, the screen blanks and (eventually) all the lines in Screen2.jpg appear.  Once this happens, the platform is hung and the only way to power off is to unplug the power.

gene

• 3. Re: RTF hangs on Secure Boot Error
              Intel Corporation

Hi Edmyers,

Thanks for the information.

To access to the BIOS setup screen you should press "Esc", let me know if you can do it.

I'll continue searching about this, and I'll contact you soon.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
              Leonardo R.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: RTF hangs on Secure Boot Error
                edmyers

Leonardo,

I was able to access the BIOS setup screen by pressing the "Esc" key.

However, I was not able to disable secure boot via the setup menu.  Even though I was able (after reseting secure boot) set to the menu item for secure to "disabled" - It still kept doing the same thing as before.

On the other hand, I was able to boot Linux by going through the Boot manager.  I then attempted to re-flash the BIOS, but it refused stating that that version was already installed.

What do I need to do now to fix the BIOS?

Thanks,

gene

• 5. Re: RTF hangs on Secure Boot Error
                  Intel Corporation

Hi Edmyers,

Thanks for letting us know.

Please allow us to do more research about this, we will contact you as soon as we have updates.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
                  Leonardo R.

• 6. Re: RTF hangs on Secure Boot Error
                    Intel Corporation

Hi Edmyers,

Thanks for your patience.

Since you can boot and attempt to flash the BIOS again, could you please try to flash an older BIOS? Like you mentioned that you were following this guide: https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/02-Initial-setup#flashing, we think that you are using the latest version (v01.00.12), if you are please try to flash this one (v01.00.04): https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26500/Intel-Aero-Platform-for-UAVs-Installation-Files.

Let us know if it works.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
                    Leonardo R.

• 7. Re: RTF hangs on Secure Boot Error
                      edmyers

Sorry for the belated response, I was away for the past week.

I was able to resolve this problem by installing ("Flash Intel Aero Linux distribution described in section 02 Initial Setup") the latest Intel Aero Linux Distro.  Once I did that, the RTF booted normally.

To to this, I had to go to the BIOS setup screen and select the install disk (usb). It installed without any problems after that.

If you use the normal procedures, then the BIOS will complain with a secure boot error as it is doing the secure boot process before it decides what will get booted and, therefore, never get to the install USB drive.

gene

• 8. Re: RTF hangs on Secure Boot Error
                        Intel Corporation

Hi Gene,

Thank you for letting us know.

It is great to know that it is working now. Feel free to contact us when you have issues.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
                        Leonardo R.