6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2017 4:05 PM by Intel Corporation

I2C Error Galileo Gen 1

EstebanCarnuccio

Hi, I'm doing a project on Node.js using the Intel Galileo Gen 1 that reads the MPU6050 accelerometer and from the read values makes several calculations. But the problem is that from time to time I get the following message on the screen.

Intel_qrk_gip 0000: 00: 15.2: i2c_dw_handle_tx_abort: lost arbitrat

How can I prevent this from happening?

• 1. Re: I2C Error Galileo Gen 1
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi EstebanCarnuccio,

Thanks for your interest Intel® Galileo™ Platform.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with the I2C protocol of your Galileo. Could you be so kind to provide me the version of your image (Just run the command cat /etc/version)? Also, I would encourage you to check your firmware version Intel® Galileo Firmware Updater Tool .

Now, regarding your I2C error, do you also got this error intel_cln_gip 0000:00:15.2: controller timed out on your Linux screen?

We will be waiting for your reply, have a nice day!

Best Regards,
          -Jose P.

• 2. Re: I2C Error Galileo Gen 1
            EstebanCarnuccio

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. The version of the image of Yoctos that I am using is the "201606081532". I also see on the Linux screen the following message "intel_cln_gip 0000: 00: 15.2: controller timed out", in addition to the message "i2c_dw_handle_tx_abort: lost arbitrat".

I was using the version of frmware 1.0.4, but now I update it to the last version of the firmware, that is 1.1.0. I'm going to try this change to know if the problem was that   the firmware version was outdated. I hope that was the problem.

• 3. Re: I2C Error Galileo Gen 1
              Intel Corporation

Hi EstebanCarnuccio,

Please let us know if changing the firmware version fixes your issue.

We will be waiting for your results, have a nice day!

Best Regards,
              -Jose P.

• 4. Re: I2C Error Galileo Gen 1
                Intel Corporation

Hi EstebanCarnuccio,

Were you able to solve your I2C issue? Please let us know in order to assist you.

Have a nice day! 

Best Regards,
                -Jose P.

• 5. Re: I2C Error Galileo Gen 1
                  EstebanCarnuccio

Hi thanks. During this week I was testing the MPU6050 to see if the firmware update solved the I2C problem. But unfortunately every now and then I still see the same error. It usually happens when I move the accelerometer a lot.

• 6. Re: I2C Error Galileo Gen 1
                    Intel Corporation

Hi EstebanCarnuccio,

I'm sorry to hear that updating the firmware didn't solve the issue. Now, I have done some research and this I2C error seems to be a known issue in the Galileo image. At the moment, there are no updates regarding this known issue, but I will make sure to pass your experience to the Engineer Department, so they know that there are developers in need of a fix to this issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Best Regards,
                    -Jose P.