2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2017 1:40 PM by Intel Corporation

NUC6i5SYH no IR

philgman

I've set up the system with windows 10 x64 enterprise and can't get the on board IR to work. I've installed the downloaded drivers from the Intel site, tried the drivers supplied by the driver upgrade tool, enabled the generic and x-box ir control in the bios, updated the bios. i've tested it with a WMC remote and an ir remote on my phone. if i use an external usb ir receiver it works and i can verify it is getting the ir codes. nothing looks odd in device manager or the driver files. If i get the onboard IR working i'd like to get wake from off and wake from sleep working with it.

While looking online i can't find any reports where someone has the onboard IR working. Can anyone verify that the IR with the intel drivers does work or any suggestions on what to try?

• 1. Re: NUC6i5SYH no IR
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello philgman,

Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the IR on your Intel® NUC.

I can confirm the IR works on these devices, as of now I am running an Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i3SYH with Windows® 10, I also have a WMC RC6 compliant.

Can you please check the following:

Go to the BIOS > Power > Secondary Power Settings:

• Is Wake from S3 via CIR checked?
          • Is Wake from S4 and S5 via CIR checked?
          I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,
          Juan V.
          • 2. Re: NUC6i5SYH no IR
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello philgman,

I was reviewing this thread and I wanted to know if you need further assistance?

Regards,
            Juan V.