Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Spectral response of ZR300 IR cameras

xgono
Novice

Hi everybody,

Does anybody knows what is the spectral response of the ZR300 IR cameras?

Actually, I'm looking for a device able to record two video streams with Global Shutter cameras. I am wondering if the ZR300 IR cameras are only sensitive on the IR projector wavelength band or if it is also senstitive to the visible wavelength band.

Thank you for your help.

8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Xavigo,

Thank you for your contacting us. We've looked for information about the spectral response in the RealSense documentation, particularly in the datasheet. Even though there's lots of information here, there's not much about your specific request. Please allow us to investigate further to see if more details about this are available. We'll contact you as soon as we have more information.

In case you want to review the datasheet, you can do so here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/emerging-technologies/intel-realsense-technology/000023563.html

Regards,

-Sergio A

0 Kudos
xgono
Novice

Hi,

I got an information about the R200 IR cameras :

The R200 module includes three cameras: a left-right stereo

pair and an additional color camera. The left-right cameras

are identical, placed nominally 70mm apart, and feature

10bit, global shutter VGA (640x480) CMOS monochrome

cameras with a visible cut filter to block light approximately

below 840nm.

Do you think that the same technology is used for the ZR300 IR cameras?

Thank you.

Best regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Xavigo,

Thank you for your patience. The stereo IR cameras in ZR300 are sensitive only to IR wavelength. It has an IR Band Pass filter to filter out visible wavelength.

And in regards to your last question, yes, the IR components in the ZR300 are identical to the R200.

Let me know if this answers your question.

Regards,

-Sergio A

0 Kudos
xgono
Novice

Hi Sergio,

Do you know if there is a possibility to remove the IR filter?

Thank You!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Xavigo,

We haven't tried to remove the IR filter. Please allow us to investigate if doing it is possible.

Regards,

-Sergio A

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for waiting. The filter cannot be removed, but it can be managed through these parameters: https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v2016r3/documentation/html/index.html?properties_sr300_device_pxccapture.html

Let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with.

Regards,

-Sergio A

0 Kudos
xgono
Novice

Hi Sergio,

I took a loot at the SDK documentation, is says that the IR projector can be turned off, but to what I saw, there is nothing about the sensitivity of the IR sensor in the visible spectrum.

Actually I was wondering if there is anyway to un screw the lens and then remove the IR filter at the top of the sensor...

Do you think this is possible?

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Xavigo,

It is not recommended to modify the camera module in any way. Modifying the hardware may break the camera and render it inoperable.

Regards,

-Sergio A

0 Kudos