4 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2017 11:52 AM by Intel Corporation

NUC7i7BNH and BOSD

ToniMit

Hi, I have a NUC7i/BNH and I have continuos errors durin bootin. The error is on Kernel Power, Event 41 and category 63. After reboooting the system it didn't appear. Is any workaround for fixing this problem?

• 1. Re: NUC7i7BNH and BOSD
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello ToniMit,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

In this case, we can try with a BIOS recovery to try to solve this problem, even though you have the latest BIOS version, let’s try to do a BIOS recovery; you can download the latest BIOS version here:
          BIOS Update [BNKBL357.86A]

Please check BIOS Recovery Update Instructions for Intel® NUC

Once that is done, let’s update the graphics driver to the latest available.
          Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows® 10* for Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i3BN, NUC7i5BN, and NUC7i7BN

Also, make sure all of the drivers are up to date, you can download them here:
          https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/95065/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC7i7BNH
          You can download the driver bundle, which includes all drivers for your NUC.

Please let me know if that helps if not, please attach your system information to further assist you, you can use the Intel SSU (System Support Utility) to attach your system information (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility): 
          Download Intel® System Support Utility

1. Download the utility
          2. Run the exe and select ‘Scan’
          3. Save and include as an attachment in the Intel Community Forum

Regards,

Ivan.
          • 2. Re: NUC7i7BNH and BOSD
            ToniMit

Please, find attached the log generated by SSU.

Regards

• 3. Re: NUC7i7BNH and BOSD
              Intel Corporation

Hello ToniMit,

After doing some research on this issue, the kernel power event ID 41 error occurs when the computer is shut down, or it restarts unexpectedly. When a computer that is running Windows starts, a check is performed to determine whether the computer was shut down cleanly. If the computer was not shut down cleanly, a Kernel Power Event 41 message is generated.

If event 41 is logged because power to the computer was interrupted, consider obtaining an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) such as a battery backup power supply. An underpowered or failing power supply may cause this behavior. For example, if you added RAM or additional devices or hard disks when this problem began, the power supply may cause the problem.

Make sure that the power supply has enough wattage to appropriately handle the installed devices. If you added memory, installed additional drives, or added external devices, such devices can require more energy than the current power supply can provide consistently.

Make sure the BIOS is set to default settings, access the BIOS when you see the F2 prompt and press F9 on your keyboard once you are in the BIOS and then press F10 to save the changes.

I hope this can help.

Regards,

Ivan U.

• 4. Re: NUC7i7BNH and BOSD
                Intel Corporation

Hello ,

I'm following on this post to ask you if your issue has been resolved or if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Ivan.