2 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2017 5:49 PM by rguevara

How to disable C states and P states in bios for NUC5i7RYB

saeid

I have the Intel Visual BIOS version RYBDWi35.86A.0246.2015.0309.1355, and I need to disable all frequency scaling and C states and P states for a certain application. There isn't such an option in this BIOS as far as I can tell.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

• 1. Re: How to disable C states and P states in bios for NUC5i7RYB
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Thank you very much for joining the Intel® NUC communities.

We will do further research on this matter in order to confirm if there is an option to disable C and P states from the BIOS.

As soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,
          Alberto R

• 2. Re: How to disable C states and P states in bios for NUC5i7RYB
            rguevara

Hi saeid:

There is no such an option in BIOS that explicitly says: C states or P States -disable or enable-. The only options available that could help are performance and power related tools but they won’t necessarily disable any of these states.

I would recommend that you check at the operating system level. There are a couple of commands available for Linux* operating systems and for Windows* it usually depends on how “Power Options” à “Advanced Settings” à “Minimum and Maximum processor state” settings are configured.

This is also third party tools that will show you disabled/enable C and P States. This could be useful.

I hope this helps,

Ronny G