4 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2017 8:37 PM by Intel Corporation

i7 7700k temps?

devingriffith

What type of temps are yall getting on yalls i7 7700k CPUs I have mine running at stock speeds on a 240 mm liquid cooling loop and in cpu-z stress test over about an hour I am hitting 80 degrees C to me that seems way too high so now I am considering moving to ryzen. Either way what type of temps are yall getting in synthetic benchmarks like cpu-z?

Oh and also does anyone know if overclocking but not overvolting will void your warranty?

• 1. Re: i7 7700k temps?
          TGrable

Temp wise you are fine. The Safe temp for these are 100c. So you are well under the max safe temp.

Also remember that when running those benchmarks you are working the CPU harder than most applications ever will. So while you are seeing 80C under those stress tests under actual usage you will see temps in the 55-65C range.

Intel offers a special warranty for about $30 for overclockers. Meaning if you break your chip due to overclocking they will give you a one time replacement.

Hopefully I have answered your questions. If I missed something or you want further information just let me know.

• 2. Re: i7 7700k temps?
            wingman99

+1 don't worry about the 80c temperature, TCC Activation Temperature is 100c.

Tjunction Max is the maximum temperature the cores can reach before thermal throttling is activated. Thermal throttling happens when the processor exceeds the maximum temperature. The processor shuts itself off in order to prevent permanent damage. Tjunction Max (Tj Max) is also referred to as TCC Activation Temperature in certain processor datasheets.

• 3. Re: i7 7700k temps?
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Thank you very much to and to for the comments posted previously.

: Thank you very much for joining the Intel® Processors communities.

As mentioned previously, since the T-junction for this processor is 100°C, any value under that parameter is considered as normal and expected, specially if you are running a stress test:
              http://ark.intel.com/products/97129/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_50-GHz

In order to check the temperature of the processor we recommend to use our tool, and the end of the test it will give you a report with the temperature detected among some other things:
              https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

To answer your question, yes, if you do overclocking on the processor it will avoid the warranty, altering clock frequency or voltage may damage or reduce the useful life of the processor and other system components, and may reduce system stability and performance. That is why if you want to do overclocking we recommend to purchase the Intel® tuning protection plan:
              https://click.intel.com/tuningplan/

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,
              Alberto R

• 4. Re: i7 7700k temps?
                Intel Corporation
                This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

: I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,
                Alberto R