2 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2017 5:14 PM by N.Scott.Pearson

NUC-6CAYH and RAID 0

Honex

I would like to ask if 6CAYH support RAID0. I have 2 mSATA (Kingston UX100 256 GB) drives with an adapter to Sata form the Zenbook UX32VD and I want to know if it will be possible to set them into RAID 0.

Thanks

• 1. Re: NUC-6CAYH and RAID 0
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Honex,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

Unfortunately it does not support any kind of RAID, one of the Intel® NUC that supports RAID are the Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK or the Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i7BNH.

Best regards,

Ivan U.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: NUC-6CAYH and RAID 0
            N.Scott.Pearson

While Ivan's response answers the asked question (that is, with respect to the NUC6CAYH NUC), this answer is not quite accurate and could create confusion.

• The NUC6i7KYK is the only NUC that supports two M.2 SSDs.
              • If both SSDs are M.2 NVMe SSDs or both SSDs are M.2 SATA SSDs, then they can be placed in a RAID0/RAID1 array.
              • If one SSD is a M.2 NVMe SSD and one SSD is a M.2 SATA SSD, however, they cannot be placed into a RAID0/RAID1 array.

• Many of the "H" NUCs - but only those with Intel Core processors - have the ability to support the use of RAID0/RAID1 if both drives present utilize SATA.
              • That is, a 2.5" SATA drive is present in the drive bay and a M.2 SATA SSD is present in the M.2 slot.
              • NUCs I have successfully verified this capability with include the NUC5i#RYH, NUC5i#MYHE and NUC6i#SYH.
              • I believe that the NUC7i#BNH can also support this, but I haven't verified this myself.
              • It is also possible to use Intel SRT to use all or a portion of the SSD as a high-speed cache for a 2.5" HDD.
              • The older 4th generation NUCs - D34010WYKH and D54250WHKH - also support this capability set, but, in this case, it is a combination of a MSATA SSD with a 2.5" SATA drive.

...S

1 of 1 people found this helpful