4 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2017 5:29 AM by Maikel

Ethernet Driver NUC7i5BNH

Maikel

How do you install the network (ethernet) driver on the newest intel nuc?

ive tried it a few different ways but all end the samen, with an error.

when i download the driver from intel.com i get an error that says "no intel adapters are present in this computer"

intel 4.PNGintel 3.PNG

intel 1.PNGintel 5.PNG

when i tried it trough the windows system settings i get a time out and it does not install to.

how can i resolve this problem, i checked the bios and lan/wlan is enabled.

• 1. Re: Ethernet Driver NUC7i5BNH
          SixIron

I've seen those errors on my NUC7i5BNH, but in my case I was trying to load the network adapter driver on an unsupported operating system in a virtual environment in Hyper-V.

• 2. Re: Ethernet Driver NUC7i5BNH
            N.Scott.Pearson

I have only seen this when I brainf@rted and tried to load the wrong version (Windows 8.1 version on Windows 10, 32-bit version on 64-bit system (and vice versa), etc.)...

...S

• 3. Re: Ethernet Driver NUC7i5BNH
              lw1948

Download the Ethernet driver from here: Download Intel® Gigabit Ethernet Network Connection Driver for Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i3BN, NUC7i5BN, NUC7i7BN

Try to install the driver manually step by step. Follow these steps.

1. the driver file (LAN_WIN10_64_21.1.exe) is in .exe format. Extract and decompress the file to a folder. (To extract the file, you need an archive utility  such as 7zip. If you don’t have one, you can download it online.)

2. Go to Device Manager

3. Expand category “Network adapters”. Right-click on the Intel network device and select Update Driver Software…

Note if the network driver is missing, it might be listed under category “Other devices”. In this case, there is a yellow mark next to the device which is displayed as Ethernet Controller.

4. Click Browser my computer for driver software.

5. Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

6. Check the box next to “Show compatible hardware” and click Have Disk… button.

7. Click Browse… button and navigate to the folder where you extracted the driver file to.

8. Continue to open the folders (..\LAN_WIN10_64_22.1\APPS\PROSETDX\Winx64\DRIVERS) until you can choose any of the .INF files. Then follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.

Hope this will help

Leon

• 4. Re: Ethernet Driver NUC7i5BNH
                Maikel

thanks for all your responses, i found the problem (i think).

and it works now.

the problem was probably in the (build) version of windows 10 because my computer updatet last night (trought wifi)

to Version 1607 (build version: 14393.447) and now it does work it installed itself, did not have to do a thing.

it just worked when i booted up my intel nuc7i5bnh