Items with no label
3335 Discussions

librealsense problem

LPaul2
Novice

Hi folks,

These days I'm trying to make SR300 work on Linux.

I have tried several distributions such as Ubuntu14.04 16.04 and Fedora25.

Case Ubuntu 14.04&16.04:

When I were trying to build the patched file ./scripts/patch-realsense-ubuntu-xenial.sh, as described in

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/blob/master/doc/installation.md librealsense/installation.md at master · IntelRealSense/librealsense · GitHub

Incompatible kernel version always happened, i have tried kernel 4.8, and many versions of 4.4.xx (https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/issues/444 Uvcvideo patching issue · Issue # 444 · IntelRealSense/librealsense · GitHub )

but the problem is still there, could NOT be solved.

Does any document specifically illustrates which kernel version can make that patch work?

When I run the example capturing sample without build the patch, The problems looks the same as https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdckzdrRJh4 Realsense SR300 Bug - YouTube

Case Fefora25:

I have tried kernel 4.8 and 4.10. The same problem as description in above.

The difference is, when I were building the patch by ./scripts/patch-uvcvideo-fc25.sh.

The errors occurred as:

patching file include/uapi/linux/videodev2.h

HUNK# 1 FAILED at 634.

1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file include/uapi/linux/videodev2.h.rej

Sincerely,

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Cheweilin,

Thank you for contacting us.

That's a weird issue. We want to know more about your computer, so could you please provide the system information file? To generate it, please follow the next steps:

1. Open up a New Terminal window.

2. It might be possible that you don't have the necessary software installed, so start by running sudo apt-get install lshw to install it. Wait for the package to install.

3. Enter sudo lshw > filename.txt (the lshw command has to be run with super privileges, so make sure to run it as root or with sudo), where "filename" is the name you assign to your System information file.

We will be waiting for your reply.

Regards,

Leonardo R.
LPaul2
Novice

Hi Leonardo,

Thanks for your reply.

Please refer to the attachment (Had better using wordpad to open it).

Waiting for your advice.

Thank you very much !

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Cheweilin,

Thank you so much for the information provided.

I am going to analyze this issue, I will let you know as soon as I have updates.

We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Leonardo R.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Cheweilin,

We were working on this, and we found that librealsense is not validated for Fedora. You should use Ubuntu 14.04 or 16.04 with kernel 4.4.0.XX, just like you did.

We noticed that you provided the dmesg file for Fedora, could you send us this file with the correct OS and kernel installed? Can you also provide a screenshot of the command sequence with the error and "uname -r" command at the end?

We will be waiting for your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Leonardo R.
0 Kudos
LPaul2
Novice

Hi Leonardo,

Thanks for your help.

This problem I've solved already,

As you mentioned, the kernel should be 4.4.0.XX, otherwise incompatible kernel problem will happen.

Sincerely,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Cheweilin,

That's great! I thought that you were using a kernel 4.4.0.XX, but it is fine, it is good to know that you don't have issues anymore.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Leonardo R.
0 Kudos