3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2017 1:56 PM by Intel Corporation

Initial ROS-config, Yocto basics

tbnor

Hello,

After abandoning the attempt to use unsupported Ubuntu-OS on the RTF-drone, I reinstalled the latest Yocto-image on the drone and prepared a host-computer with 14.05 version of Ubuntu & ROS Indigo. My goal is to use Mavros and Realsense, both of which were included in the latest .iso as far as I could tell. In other words, I am working on the official release.

When SSH'ing into the drone and setting the variables as instructed by the Wiki, roscore is working, and so is "roslaunch realsense_camera r200_default_nodelet_rgbd.launch" - at least so it seems to be for the majority of the launch, before raising an "OsNotDetected" error. It also lists the os' searched, Yocto is not among them - so this doesn't seem very strange. Because of this, and the fact that the latest issues concerning Realsense-layer supposedly were resolved almost a month ago (prior to the release as far as I could tell), I assume that I am the one causing this error.

Is there something obvious I have missed here?

In addition I have some smaller issues..

2) Mavros is not streaming, even after setting stream rate? QGroundControl is working, however. I didn't make an effort trying, so disregard this if it is working as it should without any hacks.

3) At the page where ROS-export-env's are listed, it is stated that the variables could be put in a script "to be run at startup" (/opt/ros/indigo/setup,sh"); I might seem a little dumb now, but I did literally that - to no avail. Is there something obvious implied other than creating the file, copypasting the variables and chmod'ing it as executable?

4) For now I'm just attempting to get the basics to work, but I'll have to create workspace(s) eventually, is this something I will be doing on the host-machine or on the Aero?

Thanks,

Tord!

• 1. Re: Initial ROS-config, Yocto basics
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Tord,

Thank you for contacting us.

Let me investigate more about this and I'll contact you as soon as I have updates.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
          Leonardo R.

• 2. Re: Initial ROS-config, Yocto basics
            mike_charikov
            3) At the page where ROS-export-env's are listed, it is stated that the variables could be put in a script "to be run at startup" (/opt/ros/indigo/setup,sh"); I might seem a little dumb now, but I did literally that - to no avail. Is there something obvious implied other than creating the file, copypasting the variables and chmod'ing it as executable?

I've never seen that this script run at startup. I always source it manually before starting ROS. (source /opt/ros/indigo/setup,sh)

• 3. Re: Initial ROS-config, Yocto basics
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Tord,

I was reviewing this case with the development team, and I want to let you know that we are currently working on a new software release that will allow users to run Ubuntu/ROS images from a Docker container. This should make it possible to run the RealSense camera from the ROS container. 

I think that this approach will be very helpful for you.

We really appreciate your patience.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
              Leonardo R.