3 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2017 9:28 AM by Intel Corporation

e5-2696 v4 vs e5-2699 v4

delciogomes

I bought online a xeon e5-2699 v4 chip, but got in the mail a xeon e5-2696 v4.

Before going to the trouble of returning it, I was trying to compare the specs on Intel's website and I simply can't find them.

Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2696 v4 

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/compare-products.html?productIds=96899,91288,93806,93791

Should I return it?

• 1. Re: e5-2696 v4 vs e5-2699 v4
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

: Thank you very much for joining the Intel® Processors communities.

In regard to your inquiry, I will do further research in order to try to find out why the specifications of that processor are not showing in our web site, and also to check if they will be available soon. As soon as I get additional details, I will post all the information on this thread.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards
          Alberto R

• 2. Re: e5-2696 v4 vs e5-2699 v4
            delciogomes

Hey Alberto,

Thanks for responding so promptly. Looking forward to know more about the website mystery!

Mean while, I contact the seller and he told me that the chips are the same, 2696 is supposed to be in Asia market and 2699 America/Europe. Also. seller is providing me with 4 years warrant. So I will give it a try this weekend to test it out. 

• 3. Re: e5-2696 v4 vs e5-2699 v4
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi : Thank you very much for letting us know that information.

I just received some updates from the research we were doing on this processor, and the thing is that this is a custom processor with certain terms and conditions (TRAY), that is why the specifications are not available in our web site. Please see our products on roadmap offerings for generally available parts:

Intel® Roadmap for Public Products

If the seller is giving you 4 years of warranty that is great, and yes, the Intel® E5-2699 v4 has basically the same specifications.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,
              Alberto R