3 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2017 6:41 PM by FGT

How to read and write text file locally?

geonyt

Hello, I wonder if it's possible to read/write a text file to local drives (i.e. C or D etc.) without using SD Card built-in from the Intel Galileo Gen 2 board. If I use the built-in SD card library and module, it's working but I need to communicate from the PC drive as storage. I am sending values from the web to PC by creating text file as my database and read the value using the board.

Thank you in advance.

• 1. Re: How to read and write text file locally?
          FGT

geonyt wrote:

Hello, I wonder if it's possible to read/write a text file to local drives (i.e. C or D etc.) without using SD Card built-in from the Intel Galileo Gen 2 board. If I use the built-in SD card library and module, it's working but I need to communicate from the PC drive as storage. I am sending values from the web to PC by creating text file as my database and read the value using the board.

Data stored in computing systems other than the Intel Galileo are not directly available, as usual. Thus, Intel Galileo processes/sketch will not be able to read/write data/text file in other computer local drives.

... I am sending values from the web to PC by creating text file as my database and read the value using the board.

Depending on how you are sending values to the PC as an "intermediate" system perhaps you'll be able to send those values directly to the Intel Galileo in case the Intel Galileo is directly connected to the web. Otherwise, you could use rather low-level mechanisms such as scp from the PC to the Intel Galileo... but it depends on how frequent, how many, etc. data you have to transfer form the PC to the Intel Galileo.

HTH,

Fernando.

• 2. Re: How to read and write text file locally?
            geonyt

Thank you.

• 3. Re: How to read and write text file locally?
              FGT

Welcome, glad to help,

Fernando.