I know the Depth function for SR300 will not work on Windows 10 Creators Update (https://communities.intel.com/community/tech/realsense/blog/2017/04/07/windows-10-creators-update-build-15063-is-not-compatible-with-intel-realsense-sr300-camera-driver). However, I'm not able to install the DCM. It fails with this error:
I can't conclude that this is the same issue therefore I'm asking for some help here.
Here's the 2 event in the Windows Event Viewer:
Faulting application name: FWUpdateSR300.exe, version: 126.96.36.19918, time stamp: 0x57e3cfa2
Faulting module name: IVCAM1_5.dll, version: 188.8.131.52, time stamp: 0x57d83634
Exception code: 0xc000001d
Fault offset: 0x000e2e61
Faulting process id: 0x20d4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2cf481dac71c0
Faulting application path: C:\Temp\INTEL\plugins\FWUpdateSR300\FWUpdateSR300.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Temp\INTEL\plugins\FWUpdateSR300\IVCAM1_5.dll
Report Id: 2e31c415-e8a9-4262-9a4d-58b4205bc611
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Windows cannot access the file for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Intel(R) RealSense(TM) SR300 FW Update Tool because of this error.
Program: Intel(R) RealSense(TM) SR300 FW Update Tool
The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
- It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
- It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.
Error value: 00000000
Disk type: 0
I tried to run the FWUpdater seperatly command : FWUpdateSR300.exe -oemId:0xcafecafe -force but keep getting this error:
In the Windows device manager everything seems fine:
The computer is a fairly new Pentium G4600 on a B250 chipset and 16gb of ram. I don't think it's a CPU or motherboard compatibility issue hence I'm all out of wits.