I'm working with two SR300 and SDK on Windows 10.
Windows 10 Professional version 1703 OS version : 15063.296
The SDK worked well with previous driver version.
The Device Manager showed :
- Virtual Driver : driver date 08/06/2016 version 184.108.40.2063
- RGB : driver date 21/06/2006 version 10.0.15063.0
- Depth : driver date 22/09/2016 version 220.127.116.1118
I modified the CameraViewer sample from SDK, and insert the code to enumerate the devices, as shown in the SDK documentation.
The modified software displayed the streams Depth and Color in two Windows, and found two devices.
I could display fields of DeviceInfo structure :
- the serial number of the device
- the streams supported : COLOR, DEPTH and IR
- firmware : 18.104.22.168
Now, a new driver has been installed.
The Device Manager show :
- Intel(R) RealSense(TM) Camera SR300 Color , driver date 08/05/2017 version 22.214.171.124
- Intel(R) RealSense(TM) Camera SR300 Depth, driver date 08/05/2017 version 126.96.36.199
The modified Viewer displays the streams Depth and Color in two windows and finds :
> two devices in the first module :
- device name :<Peripherique video USB> serial <> streams <COLOR>
- device  name: <Intel(R) RealSense(TM) Camera SR300 Depth> serial <> streams <COLOR>
- in the fields of DeviceInfo structure :
> a device in another module :
- device name: <Intel(R) RealSense(TM) Camera module (SR300)> serial<> streams <COLOR, DEPTH and IR>
I have seen a previous topic related to the incompatibility between Windows 10 build 15063 and RealSense SR300.
Is it the reason of the different behavior of the software ?
Since Virtual Driver is missing in Device Manager, does it explain these results ?
The way that SR300 drivers are distributed has changed with the latest Windows. The SR300 DCM is no longer needed, as the drivers are now part of Windows 10. I would be grateful if you could comment on the discussion linked to below, as I'm trying to direct all questions that are possibly related to this update to one place to make it easier for Intel to respond to everybody affected. Thanks!