Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel HD 4600 Graphics acceleration disabled when Hyper-V is enabled.

idata
Employee

Hi,

I see similar regression in 4th Generation Intel Graphics HD 4600 where in there's no graphics acceleration once Hyper-V is enabled. This is true of latest driver version 15.40.34.4624 on Windows 10 Creator Update (build 1703).

Laptop is hp Envy 17 Touchsmart j102TX with dual graphics (Intel HD 4600 + Nvidia GT 750M). Processor Core i7 4702MQ. RAM:16 GB.

That said driver version 15.40.25.4463 does work fine in this regard. So regression must have been introduced between this version and 15.40.28.4501.

I reported the exact issue for HD 520 (Skylake) sometime last year, and I see subsequent driver versions have fixed the issue. As of this writing HD 4000 (IvyBridge), HD 520 (Skylake) and HD 620 (Kabylake) driver versions behave really well as far as enabling Hyper-V is concerned with latest Windows build.

So, thought your engineering team might be interested in this known issue and be able to resolve it.

Regards,

Soumya
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RonaldM_Intel

Hello Soumya,

Thank you for reporting this to us. This situation seems to be related (although not exactly the same) to the issue reported here:

I'll send the data you have provided to the development team that is currently debugging 15.40 baseline driver.

I'll suggest checking the previously mentioned thread, since I'll be adding the latest updates there.

Kindest Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks Ronald for clarifying. Perhaps I missed out on the original thread because the title description is misleading or not intuitive with the issue in subject here. For so long, my issue (concerning Hyper-V) is being tracked somewhere, I am fine.

Will look forward for updates to the original thread.

Regards,

Soumya
0 Kudos