We understand you're having roaming issues on several systems using the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 on Windows* 7.
- Have you downloaded this drivers from our download center, or from your computer manufacturer's support site?
- If possible, download and run the Intel® System Support Utility on one of the computers having this issue. Please run this tool while connected to one of your wireless networks.
- Have you engaged Dell* support in regards to this problem? If so, please share your service ticket number with us (let us know if you would like a private message to share this information).
We look forward to hearing back from you.
We noticed you have your adapter set to HT mode, this disables 802.11ac limiting your adapter to 802.11n and legacy networks. If your access points use wireless-AC, this may prevent your adapter from roaming over as easily. Looking at your AP and wireless controllers, we can recommend using VHT Mode instead.
Our main suggestion will be to upgrade to our latest PROSet Wireless Software package version 19.60.0. This new release includes a driver update for your adapter which addresses roaming issues specifically.
- Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows 7* Version: 19.60.0 or
- Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for IT Admins Version: 19.60.0 (in case you need to use a silent installation method).
Please let us know your results.