9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2017 3:03 AM by rgIntel

Can not manually maximize a program window with the right border as I would press Maximize icon on program window

rgIntel

I've fresh installed Windows 10 Pro 1607, 14393.1198 on an Asus Maximum IX Hero (latest Bios 0906) with i7-7700, 3.6 GHz and using monitor Samsung SMS24B750V with max. 1920x1080 via HDMI, the latest graphics driver 21.20.16.4664 is installed (base driver only).

1) When I try to select the right border of a program window with the mouse I can not move it to the max. right edge. The most right 20-30 pixels are not reachable. When I press the Maximize icon of the program window, the full size will be used.

2) Additional very strange is LibreOffice (5.3.3, 5.3.2), it does not show the main menu (text menues) - only the toolbars - and when I try to select a row with the mouse, the row above will be selected. Also when I try to select an icon of the 2nd toolbar, the icon above of the 1st toolbar will be selected. So it's impossible to work with LibreOffice.

I don't have these problems on my 3 year old Lenovo laptop (also 1920x1080) nor did I have these problems with my previous motherboard from Gigabyte (2010).

Enclosed 5 screen shots.

Compare Ultra-Edit MaximizeWorks - and with RightMaxNotPossibleWithMouse - the right part is used - not used (can not reach - a few black pixels from the background - a "black line").

See strange LibreOffice layout. Also the left shows cutted things, also the font is horrible to read. Didn't install an own Java 1.8u131.

Screen shots taken with SnagIt.

Any ideas?

Problem with LibreOffice is more important.