Items with no label
3335 Discussions

What's the equivalent of pmdGet3DCoordinates for Intel RealSense 3D camera (SR300)?

MJala
Novice

I previously asked/thread/114282 this question in a broader setting and also received a broad reply. I would need the specific answer to this one as I am confused how I can create an xyzmap using the realsense and opencv:

I am trying to write the similar code for a PMD camera now for an Intel RealSense 3D camera (SR300). However, I can't find a method that does the same thing in the realsense SDK. Is there a hack for this or what do you suggest?

pmdGet3DCoordinates(PMDHandle hnd, float * data, size_t size);

an example usage is:

float * cartesianDist = new float[nRows*nCols*3]; res = pmdGet3DCoordinates(hnd, cartesianDist, nCols*nRows*3*sizeOf(float));<p style="margin: 0px 0px 1em; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 15px; clear: both; color: # 242729; font-family: Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal...
0 Kudos
3 Replies
LeeBamber
Beginner

My only experience with the XYZ map was with a very early version of RealSense SDK, but even then I had the benefit of a small example which demonstrated how to perform the conversion. I can only assume the SDK will contain at least one good example of the practical use of this command sequence, and if not, an excellent suggestion to make to the SDK team to ensure questions like this can lead to a working example (best way to learn). Best of luck with your project!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MonaJalal,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel® RealSense™ Camera SR300.

I'm aware that you are not satisfied with the answer from the previous post, but the thing is that since anything related to PMD Technologies is outside of our support, it's quite complicated to suggest a homologous function.

I'll investigate more about XYZ mapping using RealSense, but as you mentioned, the Intel® RealSense™ SDK 2016 R3 Documentation ( https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v2016r3/documentation/html/index.html?doc_devguide_introduction.html) doesn't provide a similar method to get 3D coordinates.

As soon as I have relevant information I'll post it here.

If you have any other question or update, don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for your patience.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Andres V.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MonaJalal,

After doing the corresponding research, I couldn't find a method in the RealSense SDK that is homologous to PMD's pmdGet3DCoordinates.

I know this is probably not the answer you were expecting, but as I previously mentioned, finding an alternative between two systems that are different (in terms of hardware and software) goes beyond the scope of this technical support team.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Andres V.
0 Kudos