4 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2017 12:53 PM by gj10689

Intel Aero doesnt come up as AP in 5GHZ

gj10689

Hi,

I am trying to bring up the Aero as AP on 5GHZ but no luck so far. It comes up fine in 2.4GHZ channels (1,2, 3..).

I see that the 5 GHZ channels are marked as No IR, which might mean they wont come up as AP on those channels due to regulatory reasons. I set the region to US but still couldn't make it come up in 5 GHZ.

Please help.

I see that this is a known issue but looks like it hasn't been resolved yet.

Add crda package to enable WiFi on 5GHz · Issue #120 · intel-aero/meta-intel-aero · GitHub

Thanks,

Gaurav

• 1. Re: Intel Aero doesnt come up as AP in 5GHZ
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Gaurav,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel® Aero Compute Board.

As you mention in your post, the “no IR” (cannot initiate radiation) flag is due to regulatory reasons. And Intel® products are designed according to international standards and regulations, since they are integrated in systems from different manufacturers all over the world. For this reason, some features, like setting the Aero as AP on 5 GHz are currently not supported.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
          Andres V.

• 2. Re: Intel Aero doesnt come up as AP in 5GHZ
            gj10689

Hi Andres,

Thanks for the reply.

I understand that it is for regulatory reasons, but I am setting the region to US and as I understand it, radiation is allowed for certain 5 GHZ channels in the US. Technically, I should be able to come up in AP mode on those channels.

Is this feature going to be supported soon?

Thanks,

Gaurav

• 3. Re: Intel Aero doesnt come up as AP in 5GHZ
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Gaurav,

Having the previous feature disabled is not related to the technical support and can’t be modified by changing the corresponding region, it’s a matter of Intel designing their products to act in accordance with international regulations. This sometimes causes certain features to not be supported.

However, I’ll share your request with the corresponding team so they can consider it. Please keep in mind that this doesn’t necessarily mean that the feature will be added in a future release.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
              Andres V.

• 4. Re: Intel Aero doesnt come up as AP in 5GHZ
                gj10689

Thanks!

Please let me know of any updates on this issue.

Have a nice day!

Thanks,

Gaurav