1 Reply Latest reply on May 12, 2017 9:30 AM by Intel Corporation

Intel Driver Update Utility 2.7.2.4 fails to install Chipset Device software

Rich_L

I have an Asus Essentio 5675 running Windows 10. My OS is up to date. My Asus drivers are up to date. I have tried to install the chipset update which appears after I ran your scan, but it says it failed - it wouldn't even download it to my computer. What do I need to do to get the update installed? I cannot use my hi speed network. Currently it maxes out around 50Mps, all my other computers are hitting close to 200. I had my ISP send out a tech, they said it's my computer, try updating it.

• 1. Re: Intel Driver Update Utility 2.7.2.4 fails to install Chipset Device software
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Rich_L,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

I’m sorry that you haven’t been able to install this chipset driver. Please be aware that Intel provides generic versions of drivers for general purposes. Your computer manufacturer may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to your driver. If your driver is customize you will not be able to install this chipset driver, you will need to get the proper driver for your system from your computer manufacturer website.

Based on your computer model, the chipset and processor does not support Windows® 10 so this could be another reason why the chipset driver cannot be installed, the software detects compatibility with your hardware but the operating system is not compatible and for that reason cannot be installed.

You should be able to get the latest chipset driver for your system at the following link from ASUS but there is no driver compatible for Windows® 10:
          https://www.asus.com/support/Download/14/11/4/4/29/
          NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Best regards,

Ivan U.