Items with no label
3335 Discussions

extract Pitch, Yaw, and Roll values

PKuma35
Beginner

Thanks, YermiA_Intelintel_corp

I figured out the problem. If I call the sense manager instance before initiating a session, I get this error. IT was not even described in any of the examples.

The configuration didn't need any change whatsoever.

Now, I am stuck at extracting the Pitch, Yaw and Roll values.

Any advice on the same is highly appreciated.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Praveen,

I'm happy to know you have figured out how to solve the issue. Moreover, regarding your question to extract Pitch, Yaw, and Roll values, I would like to know what the exact issue is, have you getting any error messages? Any extra information you can provide will be useful.

Additionally, we would like to provide you the following information about https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v2016r3/documentation/html/index.html?doc_face_face_pose_data.html Face Pose Data and https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2015/01/19/face-tracking-using-the-intel-realsense-sdk-bkms Face and Head Tracking using the Intel® RealSense™ SDK, please look at the "Pose Detection" for extra information.

Hope this information helps. Also, I'll be waiting for your reply.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos
PKuma35
Beginner

YermiA_Intel intel_corp

Hi Yermi,

Thanks for the information. The information that you had sent me looks like it corresponds to the 2016 R2 version of the SDK.

The new SR300 camera corresponds to the R3 version of the SDK.

Do you think it is ok to mix and match the versions?

Kindly advise.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Praveen,

Sorry for not being clear enough, the second link I provided was just for looking at the specifications mentioned in the "Pose Detection" section, for example, that it works better with face within 30 degrees of the screen (yaw and pitch), etc., and regarding the mix of SDK versions it is not ok, you should look at the SDK R3 documentation as you mentioned.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Praveen,

Do you still need helps in this case?

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos
PKuma35
Beginner

Yes, YermiA_Intel intel_corp

Thanks for your advice. Do you have any idea to stitch different frames together to get a better quality image?

Most of the 3D images extracted from the camera seem to be distorted with holes.
0 Kudos
PKuma35
Beginner

YermiA_Intel Do you have any documentation regarding the accuracy of the camera as well?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Praveen,

We really appreciate your interest, and we would like to suggest you that in case you have questions regarding different issues/topics, please open a new thread in order to keep different topics separate and it also will help us to provide you better assistance.

Moreover, if you have any questions regarding extract Pitch, Yaw, and Roll values, we'd love to help you with that, however, if you have new questions, please open a new thread and we'll be happy to help you.

Our apologies fr any inconvenience it may cause.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos