Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

AC7260 does not connect automatically after sleep

etaus
Novice

After upgrading windows 10 creators update, my notebook (dell xps15 - AC7260) randomly does not connect to a known wireless network. If I re-select it, it connects ok.

This happens in several of my known locations, so this is not a problem with the network,

I have already "forgotten" the network and have uninstalled the device, with no results.

Any suggestions ?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello elias tauscher,

We understand you're having issues with your notebook connecting automatically to known networks in an sporadic manner.

Since in Windows® 10 network connections are not handled by our software, it's possible that this may be an operating system issue. However, from our end we can begin by suggesting a clean installation of your wireless drivers. This will wipe any old settings and allow us to start over from scratch:

1. Download and save our latest Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for your adapter: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26653/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10 Wireless_19.50.1_PROSet64_Win10.exe

2. Under Programs and Features in the Control Panel, uninstall any instance of the "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software." When prompted, choose to "discard settings."

3. Go to the Device Manager > Network Adapters > Right click on your Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 and uninstall it. Make sure to select the option to "Delete the driver software for this device."

4. Clear out your temporary files: Press the Windows* Key + R to open the run box. Type Cleanmgr.exe and press OK. Here you will need to make sure Temporary Files are checked, you may uncheck everything else (unless you're ok with the extra wait) and press OK.

5. Reboot your computer.

6. Install the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software that was downloaded back in step one.

After this, you may choose to apply our recommended wireless connectivity settings.

Please let us know if these steps had any effect on your problem.

Best regards,

Carlos A

0 Kudos
ПНово
Beginner

I have the same problem on NUC5i3RYH. And have no such problem on another NUC (5PPYH) after upgrading to Creators Update

Both NUCs have Wireless-AC 7265 cards onboard

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello elias tauscher,

We have not heard back from you in a while, has your issue been resolved?

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
etaus
Novice

Yes. Didn't do any of the suggested solutions. Since 3 or 4 days ago everything is working fine again. I don't have a clue regarding what fixed it.

Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello elias tauscher,

We're glad to hear that you didn't need to troubleshoot.

According to similar reports, it seems like this was something that one update broke within your OS, and last week's updates seem to have fixed it again.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos