3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2017 10:22 AM by TicoJohn

Updated bios NUC5i5ryh

TicoJohn

I just updated the bios on my NUC5i5ryh in the hope that I would be able to access bios when connected to my 43" plasma tv. Apparently the issue with non support of displays that are not 1024x768 compatible is still exists. I had thought, and hoped, that that issue would be resolved. Apparently not. It's not that I really need to get into the bios, as everything is working fine, but it would be nice to be able to do so.

I updated using RYO362.bio .  Fortunately, having the USB syick plugged in prior to power, I was able to use the F7 key to enable the bios update. Everything seems to work. Thanks. 

• 1. Re: Updated bios NUC5i5ryh
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

, Thank you very much for joining the Intel® NUC communities.

In regard to this subject, yes, as you mentioned before the HDTV or monitor needs to be able to support the 1024x768 resolution for the BIOS to be visible:
          http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005847.html

Now, in this case I will do further research in order to confirm if Intel is working on this matter, in order for the BIOS to be visible on HDTV’s and monitors that are not supporting the 1024x768 resolution. As soon as I get any updates I will post all the information on this thread.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,
          Alberto

• 2. Re: Updated bios NUC5i5ryh
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

I just wanted to let you know that I just received an update in regard to your inquiry about if Intel is working on making the BIOS visible on HDTV’s and monitors that are not supporting the 1024x768 resolution, according to that information, your suggestion was sent to the proper department for them to take it under consideration. I did not received any confirmation that Intel is working on it or not, because this is not considered an issue, it is just how the BIOS was designed, but your feedback was sent to them so they can verify it.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,
            Alberto

• 3. Re: Updated bios NUC5i5ryh
              TicoJohn

I find it truly mind boggling that Intel touts the NUC as a Home Theater computer and yet when the NUC is hooked up to an HDTV the user can not access the BIOS. I really enjoy using my NUC5i5ryh but it is a real pain in the backside when I need, or want, to access the BIOS. To me this is a pretty serious oversight on the part of the BIOS designers.