3 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2017 3:47 PM by Intel Corporation

i7 7700k temp spikes should i Underclock my cpu? disable boost?

Jimdebo

Hello Intel i have been saving money for 3 years so i could upgrade my i7 920 it was getting very dated.

so after reading many reviews it looked like a 7700 was faster then the AMD 1800x for gaming and being a Intel Fan boy it was a easy buy.

so now 2 months later and i'm unable to get the temp spikes under control i upgraded to a water cooler did't seem to help.

whats the deal here is this normal. should i even be playing games on this system i see temps jump to 85C when loading a level then back to 40c a few seconds later.

as someone who only makes money cutting lawns and doing odd jobs i feel like i spent a lot of money on this CPU and to see spikes like this freaks me out a bit.

i don't want it burning up in a year as i can't replace this cpu if it fails.

what does intel suggest i do with this should i underclock the cpu or lower the stock voltage? or should i just sell the system and buy a PS4

Sorry for the spelling im only 15 years old

can i return this CPU for a lower option that is not going to overheat each time a level loads

its getting really hard to be a Intel fanboy when all my AMD buddys are running lower temps better FPS then me and at cheaper price tag

can someone from intel please contact me .

Thanks for taking the time to read this