11 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2017 6:42 PM by TTes

NUC7i3BNH not entering Ready Mode

Pazz

Just bought an NUC7i3BNH to use as a HTPC. I have installed Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and the latest Intel driver bundle pack (as of 8th May 2017) but the system refuses to automatically enter Ready Mode (RM). I can force the unit to enter RM via Start Menu > Power > Sleep but when the unit is left on, such as overnight, it refuses to enter RM. I've also installed an M2 NVMe SSD and a 2.5" HDD.

Very few applications are installed on the unit that are shown to be running in the background. I closed TeamViewer thinking that was maybe the culprit to no sucess. Is there a log file I can check to attempt to debug? Or should I be using cmd line "powercfg -requests"?

Many thanks for your help and support. There doesn't appear to be a huge amount of technical information available on Intel RM other than marketing/sales info.

• 1. Re: NUC7i3BNH not entering Ready Mode
          lw1948

1. You shall start from executing in Administrative Command Prompt  powercfg -requests . It should help you to find if there is some device preventing your system to enter into sleep mode.

2. In addition enter in settings Power & sleep -> Additional power settings->Change plan settings -> Change advanced power settings , press on Multimedia settings->When sharing media . Change from "Prevent idling to sleep" to "Allow the computer to sleep"

Hope this will help

Leon

• 2. Re: NUC7i3BNH not entering Ready Mode
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Pazz,

Thank you for choosing Intel products.

I understand the Intel® Ready Mode does not work properly on the Intel® NUC7i3BNH. Let me help you on this matter.

Leon has provided an excellent feedback about it. Please make sure to get the latest BIOS for the Intel® NUC at
            https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26732/NUCs-BIOS-Update-BNKBL357-86A-?product=95066

You may refer to BIOS update instructions for more information.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue and/or if you need further assistance.

Allan.

• 3. Re: NUC7i3BNH not entering Ready Mode
              Pazz

Thanks Leon and Allan for the prompt replies.

I was under the impression that Intel Ready Mode was a separate feature to the traditional Windows sleep mode? Am I incorrect in this assumption?

Upon executing powercfg -requests using administrative command prompt I am presented with:

DISPLAY:

None.

SYSTEM:

[SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume5\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Ready Mode Technology\IRMTService.exe (IRMTService)

Intel(R) Ready Mode Technology

AWAYMODE:

[SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume5\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Ready Mode Technology\IRMTService.exe (IRMTService)

Intel(R) Ready Mode Technology

EXECUTION:

None.

PERFBOOST:

None.

ACTIVELOCKSCREEN:

None.

I can confirm that I have already updated the BIOS on the NUC to the latest 0045 version. I have also reset the BIOS to defaults and re-installed Intel Ready mode. To debug more easilly, I have reduced the Windows power plan timer to 2 minutes for sleep. Whilst carrying out my testing, I can sometimes get the system to enter Ready Mode (indicated by the flashing Power LED) but then it will exit back to normal state minutes later.

• 4. Re: NUC7i3BNH not entering Ready Mode
                Intel Corporation

Hi Pazz,

Intel® Ready Mode works by providing an alternative to traditional sleep from Windows®.

Have you tried windows sleep feature without Intel® Ready Mode? Does it work?
                Are you still getting issues entering sleep mode?
                If you do have issues, this might be an indication that there is a Windows issue with power states.
                Please let me know your findings.

Allan

• 5. Re: NUC7i3BNH not entering Ready Mode
                  Pazz

Hi Allan,

After conducting further testing last night I can confirm that, upon disabling Intel Ready Mode, the system enters traditional Sleep mode with no issue. The unit also sustained traditional sleep throughout the night.

Given that this is a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 64bit on an NUC7i3BNH it is fairly apparent that the issue is with the Intel Ready Mode software and its related Windows service. Therefore I will be uninstalling the Intel software and not using this feature until resolved.

David

• 6. Re: NUC7i3BNH not entering Ready Mode
                    Intel Corporation

Hello Pazz,

Thank you for taking the time and update this thread.

I have tested same Intel® Ready mode version 1.1.70.532 and couple of Intel® NUC's  NUC7i7BNH and NUC7i3BNH, Windows® 10 latest Creators Update
                    I was able to enter sleep mode with Intel® Ready mode enabled. If this is an issue with this application I would experience the same problem.
                    You can try to wait for future driver releases at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

Allan.

• 7. Re: NUC7i3BNH not entering Ready Mode
                      Pazz

Thanks for your continued support worh this issue. I appreciate what you are suggesting.

For the absolute avoidance of doubt, I have in the past hour reinstalled Windows 10 Pro 64bit Creators Update, reset BIOS to defaults and solely installed Intel Ready Mode but yet still the system would not enter Ready Mode variant of Sleep.

I cannot think of anything else to try so I'm left with no other choice but to uninstall Intel RMT and give up on this feature.

• 8. Re: NUC7i3BNH not entering Ready Mode
                        Intel Corporation

Hello Pazz,

Thank you for taking the time and update this thread. That's unfortunate. You can keep using sleep mode feature from Windows®.

Allan.

• 9. Re: NUC7i3BNH not entering Ready Mode
                          N.Scott.Pearson

David,

Installing just the iRMT package may not be sufficient. You should, at a bare minimum, install the Intel Chipset Device Software package beforehand. You may also want to install the Intel Management Engine Consumer Driver package beforehand as well.

Hope this helps,

...S

• 10. Re: NUC7i3BNH not entering Ready Mode
                            Intel Corporation

Hello Pazz,

I wondered if you tried installing the latest Chipset device software and the Intel Management Engine Consumer Driver

Please let us know your findings.

Allan J.

• 11. Re: NUC7i3BNH not entering Ready Mode
                              TTes

I had the same problem after installing the software for my logitech k400 plus keyboard. The softwares name is Options_6.50.60.exe.

Costed me many hours to find the problem. Deinstallation didnt help. I had to restore my system (win10 creators update) to a system restore point before the installation of the software. That fixed it. I reproduced the problem by installing the software again an resetting to a system restore point that i made before the installation of the logitech software.

I have not installed the intel ready mode driver. My bios is the newest 0.46. with the default settings.  I have the nuc7-i3bnh.

Hope my post helps everybody with the same problem as the op and me.