Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.
Can you please provide the following information to better assist you?
- The model number of the Intel® NUC:
- Operating System:
- BIOS version:
- By remote turn on you refer to Wake On LAN?
- Did you use to have this issue before or it started happening after any software update?
I hope to hear from you soon.
Someone mentioned this is a bug when you use same button for hibernate and wake.
Anyways the nuc is nuc7i3 with win 10 slow ring, bios 42 and rc6 compatible remote.
In windows the button settings are :
so pressing sleep on the remote the nuc hibernates and power turns it on. After a wakeup it hibernates again with event log "Sleep Reason: Application API"
drivers are updated etc. It has been happening on and off so i cant pinpoint exactly when.
Probably windows related, just strange it goes into hibernation again after resuming.
I tested this scenario on two Intel® NUCs (NUC6i3SYH & NUC7i3BNH) and in both cases, with the same settings you provided and I was unable to replicate this issue.
I recommend the following:
- Update the BIOS (0045).
- Do a clean boot (it could be something causing a conflict). I did some research and it appears that it is difficult to find what is causing the "Sleep Reason: Application API" error.
- Try testing the system with different peripherals connected/disconnected.
- Try a different display cable.
- As another option would be contacting Microsoft to see if there is any other configuration you can try or tell you what is causing the error.
I updated the bios, anyways it seem to happen when waking from rc6 remote and not the power button.
Yes the Sleep Reason: Application API could be anything as i have read. Strange since it happens so fast before log in, like the infrared receives a double signal for power on.
Not tested another remote, I use a nevo universal remote and used the codes that worked, rc6. Someone on another forum mentioned a bug when windows power button set to hibernate and you wake the machine with the same remote command.. So I changed that and turned off fast startup. Now it has worked ok for a week.