4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2010 1:02 AM by aaraodeo

Intel DG45ID Code 12: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use

my pc configuration is  Intel dg45id mother board, intel core2quad processor (q8400), 4GB Ram ( 2GB X 2) and Nvidia Geforce 9600GT (Asus).

I updated my mother bios. After the updating my graphic card does not work properly. I install vga driver & mother driver again. But vga card does not work.

There is a error massage in task manager - This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system. (Code 12)

Please help me. I tried hard to correct this problem. I’m from Sri lanka.

• 1. Re: Intel DG45ID Code 12: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use
          aaraodeo

I am too facing a similar issue.

My PC configuration is Intel DG45ID (Revision: E27729-311 ), Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600 2.4 Ghz, 2 GB DDR2 800 Mhz RAM, single chip (transcend) and Nvidia N9400 GT 1 GB RAM (MSI) PCI Express Graphics Card.

After reading the release notes of latest BIOS, i updated the BIOS from IDG4510H.86A.0127.2010.0209.1609 to IDG4510H.86A.0129.2010.0408.0910 thinking that it might resolve the issue. The latest bios ver 0129 has fixed a issue related to some external pci express cards as mentioned in the release note.

But the issue still persists.

I am using Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate edition OS. In device manager a yellow exclamation mark is shown in front of Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT display adapter. It show the following in Device status in its properties.

"This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system"

I am using the latest graphics driver downloaded from nvidia website, whose details are as follows:

Driver Provider: NVIDIA

Driver Date: 6/7/2010

Driver Version: 8.17.12.5721

Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher.

When i updated the bios the windows installed some device drivers related to pci bridge but it does not solve the problem.

Any one facing similar issue and got a solution kindly share it with us.

I tried very hard to resolve this issue by trying various things but in vain.

Is there still a bug in latest bios which will be fixed in upcoming version or there is bug in latest nvidia driver for windows 7 64 bit utimate edition os ?

Any guidance from an expert will be highly appreciated.

Kindly suggest a workaround to resolve the device conflict for the Nvidia N9400 GT graphics card if it is possible.

• 2. Re: Intel DG45ID Code 12: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use
            bineeshjose

You need to get video BIOS update from graphics card vendor to resolve this issue.

• 3. Re: Intel DG45ID Code 12: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use
              aaraodeo

Let me know if any one come across updated video bios for MSI nVIDIA N9400 GT graphics card, i am unable to find one.

For other MSI graphics card series updated video bios are available at:

http://www.mvktech.net/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,26/func,select/id,83/

• 4. Re: Intel DG45ID Code 12: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use
                aaraodeo

Finally the issue got resolved. MSI replaced my card n9400gt with eqwt n9500gt card. It worked fine on my DG45ID (rev 11) without any issue.

There is compatibility issue for DG45ID board with latest bios (> 117) and n9400gt card.

Instead of providing an VGA bios update for n9400gt msi replaced my card so it indicates that a VGA bios update required for n9400gt card to work with DG45ID board with latest bios is not available.

This issue is peculiar for DG45ID board with bios ver > 117 and MSI n9400GT graphics card. It may or may not occur with card from other vendors for the same 9400gt series graphics card.