1 Reply Latest reply on May 8, 2017 3:40 PM by Intel Corporation

Global Shutter Camera

michael_p

Dear all,

Does Intel (or one of its partners) plan to release a camera module for the Joule that has a global shutter camera sensor instead of a rolling shutter (like the modules available from Gumstix)?

Having a global shutter sensor is very important for many computer vision/robotics applications like 3d reconstruction or SLAM, and the Joule is ideally suited for this kind of products, so I think it would be a very useful extension to the Joule ecosystem.

Gumstix already offers a camera module with the Aptina MT9V032 global shutter sensor (caspa vl ) but sadly that module only interfaces with Gumstix's own Overo compute modules and not the Joule.

Best regards

Michael

• 1. Re: Global Shutter Camera
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi michael_p,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel® Joule™ Platform.

I'm part of the technical support team for the Intel® Joule™, so unfortunately, I don't know about any plans to release a camera module for the Joule that has a global shutter.

What I can tell you is that the new Intel® Realsense™ Camera ZR300 is made to be used with the Intel® Joule™ with the purpose of building applications for embedded or robotic platforms. If you will like more information about the ZR300, I would encourage you to follow this link Intel® RealSense™ Development Kit Featuring the ZR300 - Intel® RealSense™ Developer Kits .

Hope you find this information useful, have a nice day!

Best Regards,
          -Jose P.