Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.
Can you please provide the following information to better assist you?
- Intel® NUC BIOS version:
- The model/part number of the USB-C to mDP adapter:
- The specific model number of the monitor as I found the following: U2715H, S2715H, UZU2715H, E2715H.
- Do you get any video if you get to the BIOS?
- Have you tried the HDMI video output?
thank you for your prompt reply.
- BIOS Version: BNKBL357.86A.0045.2017.0417.1728
- Model/part number of the USB-C to mDP Adapter:
- Vendor: hama; model number: 00135725 (I think it's this one: Hama USB-C Adapter auf DisplayPort schwarz: Amazon.de: Computer & Zubehör
- Vendor: CY; model number: ? (this one: Chenyang USB-C Typ C USB 3.1 männlich DisplayPort: Amazon.de: Elektronik
- Monitor model number: U2715H - currently connected via HDMI
- Do you get any video if you get to the BIOS? --> Yes but only via HDMI
- Have you tried the HDMI video output? --> Yes it works fine but i want to connect the HDMI output to my TV (also already tested and is working)
I thought the dongle mentioned in the attachment is that one: https://www.amazon.de/Chenyang-m%C3%A4nnlich-DisplayPort-Monitor-Chrombook/dp/B06XTBT15T/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=14941670… Isn't it? It's difficult to purchase one of the suggested cables / dongles here in Switzerland.
No I don't own an other displays at home, therefore I cannot test it.
How can I test if the controller is working and it's only a problem of the cable / dongle? Is there any possibility?
thanks for your assistance. It was indeed a compability issue. I have bought a StarTech USB-C to DP Adapter and it is working now.
From a consumer point of view it's a nightmare if some adapters work and others don't, although they are all USB-C or thunderbolt compliant.