8 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2017 1:51 PM by Intel Corporation

NUC5i3RYH memory error (not booting) - Power button 3 times blinking.

serhan.gul

Hi, I recently bought a NUC5i3RYH along with HyperX Impact HX316LS9IB/8 (8 GB; DDR3L, 1.35V) RAM. I installed the memory (and of course, an SSD) powered up the device, saw that the power button consecutively blinks blue three times and repeats this pattern, not booting. I read from the documentation that this means an error in the memory module, so I assumed that the memory module might be defect. I ordered for a replacement of the same type, installed the new one and tried booting with that one but again it didn't work. I tried both the first and second memory modules on the lower and upper memory sockets of the NUC. As a last option, I also tried removing the yellow BIOS jumper and tried booting without it. I still got the same error code.

At this point I'm thinking that either the memory module is incompatible (which is unlikely since I read on the web that some people managed to use HyperX Impact HX316LS9IB/8 on NUC5i3RYH) or the NUC is defect. I suspect that there might be some issues related to the memory sockets. How do you think I should proceed? Is there any other option I could try before asking for a replacement? Did anyone else have any experiences with the same memory module?

Thank you.

Serhan

http://www.kingston.com/datasheets/hx316ls9ib_8.pdf