Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

AMT Support on the Intel NUC5i3MYHE

TAmpo1
Beginner

Is AMT supported on the Nuc5i3MYHE? Looks like ME 10 firmware is supported on this particular NUC's spec sheet, but it seems the i3-5010U does not support vPro.

I've tried configuring AMT on one of these units without luck, which may not be a surprise given that the processor does not have vPro.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TAmpo1
Beginner

If AMT should at least be configurable, then there seems to be some other issue going on as the NUC fails to connect to the Management Engine when I utilize ACUConfig to check the status of the system.

Note, I've tried ME version 11.0.5.1189 and the latest 11.0.6.1194.

AMT Status code - An internal error has occurred in the Intel(R) AMT device. This might indicate an interface error, or an application error.

(0xc0004269)

Entering

Connected to the Intel(R) Management Engine Interface driver, version

Intel(R) Management Engine Interface error-

I/O control command

The handle is invalid.

(6)

Intel(R) Management Engine Interface error-

Failed to connect to the Intel(R) Management Engine Interface PTHI client.

Failed to connect to the WD client of the Intel(R) Management Engine Interface.

(0xc0000056)

Exiting

This system does not have Intel(R) AMT (or it is disabled in the Intel MEBX, or the correct drivers are not installed or enabled, or the current user does not have permissions to the drivers).

(0xc0000063)

GetHostAndMEInfo output data:

IsAMT:False,

isEnterpriseMode:False,

configurationMode:0,

isRemoteConfigEnabled:False,

AMTversion:,

isMobile:False,

provisioningTlsMode:0,

uuid:0B1AB580-B0E4-11E5-B27D-F44D306B7AFB,

isClientConfigEnabled:False,

hostBasedSupport:False,

configurationState:0,

FQDN:G6MY7070094Q,

embeddedConfigurationAllowed:False.

isLANLessPlatform:False.

PKIDNSSuffix: Empty.

***** Start DisplayAMTInfo ******

Host information - G6MY7070094Q

UUID - 0B1AB580-B0E4-11E5-B27D-F44D306B7AFB

The Intel(R) Management Engine Interface driver is not installed or is not available.

***** END DisplayAMTInfo ******

Exit with code 70 - Failed to connect to the Intel(R) AMT device (possible reasons - the system does not have Intel(R) AMT or is not responding; user access to it is denied).

0 Kudos
MichaelA_Intel

Sobutosu

The Nuc5i3MYHE is not vPro enabled, therefore AMT will not work on it. For future reference, you may look up specifications for your processor/NUC (or any Intel Product) by going to ark.intel.com. For this specific processor/NUC, you can use this link:

http://ark.intel.com/products/84860/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC5i3MYHE Intel® NUC Kit NUC5i3MYHE Product Specifications

0 Kudos
TAmpo1
Beginner

Thanks @michael_a_intel, I think there was some confusion on my end about how ME and vPro/AMT were linked.

So if I am correct this NUC should fall under Standard Manageability as the board supports Intel ME and the processor does not support vPro. Would that also prevent the ME page from functioning?

Additionally, do the remote power control features (power off/power on) work with just Intel ME, or does that feature require AMT support?

I can make this a separate thread if you'd prefer.

0 Kudos
Dariusz_W_Intel
Employee

Intel vPro (with Intel AMT) is not supported on non vPro Core i5 or vPro Core i7 processors. Intel Standard Manageability is supported by ISM/AMT desktop chipsets only.

Intel NUCs are based on mobile U processors with mobile chipset integrated in the processor package. Mobile chipsets do not support ISM -even if platform ME FW is corporate FW SKU.

So there is not option to configure Intel AMT neither ISM on Core i3 Mobile processor based systems.

0 Kudos