1 Reply Latest reply on May 5, 2017 12:41 PM by Intel Corporation

Cannot find hub - Wireless

omoboy

I have the exact same issue as Dev Patel.

Both Hub and Client can ping one another

I am able to connect to the Intel Unite Hub by entering the URL and download the software to the client. But that is as far as I get. Once I run the software, I get the message "cannot find hub"  even though I was able to access the webpage of the hub from the client. Baffling!

Disabled all firewalls and anti virus you name it. I even went as far as completely uninstalling all the firewalls on both the hub and the client. It still didn't work. Two brand new machines out of the box, still it didn't work.

Our wireless network engineer and I have been working on this for a few weeks now. He allowed RDP and modified the ACL which made no difference. He too is stumped.

Amazingly, I used my personal cell phone as a hot spot. You guessed right, it worked flawlessly.

I think this unresolved issue needs to be escalated to the builders of this program...

• 1. Re: Cannot find hub - Wireless
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello omoboy,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

I’m sorry about the issue you have experienced with the Intel® Unite app and for the spent trying to make it work.

In this case, to ensure reliability, it is strongly recommended that the Hub uses a wired network connection. This will prevent wireless bandwidth saturation, especially in congested areas. I’m sure you already did but just to make sure you will need to allow the Intel Unite software to accept incoming connections. This may require you to add an exception to the firewall installed on the Hub. Please contact your firewall vendor for specific details on how to create application exceptions.

Hopefully, a new version will be released soon to have more stable connection when using wireless; right now we have the version 3.0 and 3.1 will come up soon.

Please let me know if you need anything else and I will be more than glad to help you.

Best regards,

Ivan.