This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation
We understand you have an Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 for Desktop that has been crashing with increasing frequency.
When you experience these failures do you see any type of error messages or error codes in device manager?
Normally these type of issues will be related to hardware issues. To troubleshoot, we can suggest the following:
- Make sure you're using the latest BIOS for your motherboard.
- Shut your computer down.
- Remove the wireless adapter from it's PCIe slot.
- Make sure all the connectors are clean and look OK.
- Re-connect everything making sure adapter is properly seated.
- If possible, you may test the adapter using a different PCIe slot or computer.
NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there. We do not offer support for any third party tool mentioned here.
If after this the issue continues, please let us know.