10 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2017 7:34 AM by Intel Corporation

OpenGL problem with i5-7300hq

hamato

I bought a new laptop with an intel i5-7300hq, there is a problem on the intel graphic when i launched a program that run based on openGL, when launching the program it shows the error code "can't find the name of intel icd opengl driver". After research from various forum it seems to be solved with intel latest driver (15.45) found in the page of i7-7700hq Downloads for Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.80 GHz) and not from the page of i5-7300hq https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=7300hq. There is only beta driver of version 15.45 which doesn't even can be installed. Why is this happening with the i5-7300hq despite most of the other supported models included also used hd graphic 630 or similar version and only the i5-7300hq is excluded in the driver installation. updating it via device manager also didn't helped. Rolling back driver also didn't help too.

is there any other solution for "can't find the name of intel icd opengl driver" ?

• 1. Re: OpenGL problem with i5-7300hq
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi hamato,

I understand you are getting an error message when opening OpenGL applications. Let me help you on this matter.
          I would like to know if you are still experiencing same problem after testing driver version 4627 and your computer manufacturer's drivers.

If the problem remains, please fill out the following form as complete as possible

https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

Allan.

• 2. Re: OpenGL problem with i5-7300hq
            Intel Corporation

Hi hamato,

I would like to know if you were able to fix this problem

Please check the link below for a newer graphics drivers version 4664
            https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26772/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45-?product=98909

Let us know if this is working for your computer.

Allan.

• 3. Re: OpenGL problem with i5-7300hq
              hamato

Hi Allan

The driver from the link you provided cant be installed, i'm getting the error message of "This computer does not meet the requirements for installing the software"

But luckily, I have installed the latest driver successfully by uninstalling the intel HD graphic driver using windows device manager and reinstall it by update microsoft basic adapter and choosing intel HD driver 15.45(extracted zip file) and it is works! However i'm still getting the error message "can't find the name of intel icd opengl driver" when launching a game called OSU! with compatibilityContext set to 1. Basically what this compatibilityContext in the game do is to translate OPENGL into DIRECTX if i'm not mistaken. There is also report from OSU! forum who have the same problem after installing newer intel HD graphic driver however not with the old driver that is about a year ago. Since my laptop is with kaby lake generation, it is quite new and there is no drivers older than a year.

And it would appreciated if Intel add driver support for i5-7300HQ to the graphic driver list to prevent installer pop-up "This computer does not meet the requirements for installing the software" message again.

Here is all the information

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

Error message "can't find the name of intel icd opengl driver" when opening OSU!

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")

Always (100%): X

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Lenovo Y520-15IKBN

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?
              ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

Switchable graphic System(Nvidia Optimus)

NVidia GTX 1050 (notebook)
              Intel HD graphic 630

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).
              LFP
              = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)
              EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

LFP

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

16GB  DDR4 2400MHZ (8GBx2 config)

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.
              ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc

Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).

hardware ids.jpg

Software (SW)

Operating System version (see note2 below).

Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language(10.0.15063 Build 15063)

VBIOS (video BIOS) version. This can be found in “information page” of CUI (right click on Desktop and select “Graphics Properties”.

Graphics Driver version; for both integrated Intel and 3rd party vendors (see note2 below).

Intel hd graphic 630 21.20.16.4664

Nvidia GTX 1050 (notebook) 22.21.13.8205

SW or Apps version used to replicate the issue.

Configurations

Single display, clone, or extended (see note2 below).

Single display

Display resolution & refresh rate setting of each display (see note2 below).

1920x1080 60hz

AC or DC mode, i.e. is power cable plugged in or not?

AC mode, plugged in

How to repro

Please provide steps to replicate the issue.  These steps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix.
              A screenshot to illustrate the issue is a huge plus. A video of the failure is even better! Attach to the post or provide the YouTube link.

1. opengl ES error.jpg

Regards.

• 4. Re: OpenGL problem with i5-7300hq
                Intel Corporation

Hi hamato,

Thank you for reporting this matter. I am currently reviewing this issue. This thread will be updated as news become available.

Allan.

• 5. Re: OpenGL problem with i5-7300hq
                  Intel Corporation

Hi hamato,

I am still reviewing this case and I need the following information:

Please confirm if you tried to download OSU! from the link below:

https://osu.ppy.sh/p/download

Did you install the application directly on C: drive? Did you change installation location?

Thank you for your time.

Allan.

• 6. Re: OpenGL problem with i5-7300hq
                    AlexNeedsHELP123

I changed installation Location to Desktop

• 7. Re: OpenGL problem with i5-7300hq
                      hamato

Hi Allan

i have tried to install it in C drive and E drive(Another hard disk) and both didn't work

ragards

• 8. Re: OpenGL problem with i5-7300hq
                        Intel Corporation

Hello hamato,

Excellent information, thank you for taking the time and update this post.

Allan.

• 9. Re: OpenGL problem with i5-7300hq
                          Intel Corporation

Hello hamato,

I just sent a private message. Please check your Inbox.

Allan J.

• 10. Re: OpenGL problem with i5-7300hq
                            Intel Corporation

Hi hamato,

Thank you for the information.

Intel will keep tracking this issue at https://communities.intel.com/thread/110921

Allan J.