Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v3 3.2GHz with P4600 graphics doesn't have a sharp picture

idata
Employee

I run a few DELL PowerEdge T20 Tower Servers with Intel Xeon E3-1225 v3 3.2GHz with P4600 graphics as Win10 PCs where I have added graphics cards and all is good.

Link to item: http://www.serversplus.com/servers/tower_servers/dell_tower_servers/20-3708 http://www.serversplus.com/servers/tower_servers/dell_t...

However, when trying to use the stock on board Intel P4600 graphics without an additional graphics card, using the VGA connection for a touchscreen EPOS, the graphics are not sharp and characters are ragged, as if low resolution.

I have tried to update every driver, even tried to use generic drivers but all to no avail.

Cables, screen, etc. all changed and all fine on other PCs.

The thing is that I would like to buy a few more of these end of life units and use them as PCs but would rather not have to add a graphics card each time. The same motherboard with an Intel Pentium G3220 chip (previous spec) works out of the box with lower onboard graphics.

Question is whether this is a defective chip / board - Dell have offered to replace but I can't wait for that response while stock of the T20 goes to zero.

Unless faulty, I don't see why the Xeon with P4600 onboard cannot produce a good graphics output ?

Any ideas ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello Talay,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

In this case, this is an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) server system; the processor installed is a tray processor and I was trying to find a graphics driver but there is no driver available for this processor at the Intel website. At this point your best contact support is Dell as they are more familiar with your system and how all the components interact with each other. Basically all drivers and support for these components need to be provided by Dell. You should be able to get support at the same link you posted above.

I'm sorry this is not the response you wanted from us but unfortunately our support is limited for this OEM product.

Best regards,

Ivan.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello Talay,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

In this case, this is an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) server system; the processor installed is a tray processor and I was trying to find a graphics driver but there is no driver available for this processor at the Intel website. At this point your best contact support is Dell as they are more familiar with your system and how all the components interact with each other. Basically all drivers and support for these components need to be provided by Dell. You should be able to get support at the same link you posted above.

I'm sorry this is not the response you wanted from us but unfortunately our support is limited for this OEM product.

Best regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos